Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 3 Blocks Anne & April (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-3-blocks-anne-april-t268903.html)

TPr9258 09-04-2015 08:41 PM

no not showing your age, JanRN, I remember them well, as I am sure most of the ladies on here, lol, although never really heard them described as parts of the quilt, lol, thanks to all of you for the continuing encouragement with my squares, really starting to enjoy this pp alot,

givio 09-05-2015 06:57 AM

I'm from Michigan. People in Michigan, whatever their age, ought to know about the Motown greats. :-) But! With education, there often seems to be selective history lessons...

givio 09-05-2015 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like some others here, I didn't want to make the block with the prints like in the book, so I rearranged them. I used a 30's fabric. The selvedge says 'Sewing circles of the 30's & 40's by Brackman & Thompson "The Firefly Club" for moda.'

katybob 09-05-2015 12:45 PM

Trisha, that fabric is darling and the changes are spot on! (Now I'm tempted to make mine over.)

Pam P 09-05-2015 01:09 PM

Love that fabric and the redesign looks better too!

oksewglad 09-05-2015 02:54 PM

I think I have some of that fabric with the 2 kids....Guess I should see if I can find it...don't have much 30's fabric...cute fabric....cute block...givio...
slowly progressing in my sewing space as I go through bits and pieces....it's taken me soooo long to place my sewing table, cutting table and ironing board along with my fabric storage...now that I have it the way I like it I'm trying to make sense of my scraps

sewbizgirl 04-28-2016 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my Anne and April blocks. I don't think I chose fabrics very well for the April... I didn't have a solid blue dark enough to stand out and my blue and white print is too large. But... it's done.

I LOVE the Anne block!

When I found this thread to post my pictures I was so tickled that I had used the same yellow duck fabric as klgreene in our April blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548891[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548892[/ATTACH]

JuneBillie 04-29-2016 03:22 AM

Sewbizgirl those two blocks are so pretty. I had read where you were starting with the beginning blocks, and then I seen your name on this weeks. Last night I printed out about 20 of the beginning ones to at least put in my notebook, and then when I can work on one here and there too, but I am a slow one. I enjoy reading back and seeing everyone's blocks at the beginning of the quilt along. Each block always amazes me. :)

sewbizgirl 04-29-2016 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 7536121)
Sewbizgirl those two blocks are so pretty. I had read where you were starting with the beginning blocks, and then I seen your name on this weeks. Last night I printed out about 20 of the beginning ones to at least put in my notebook, and then when I can work on one here and there too, but I am a slow one. I enjoy reading back and seeing everyone's blocks at the beginning of the quilt along. Each block always amazes me. :)

Me too! You and I can catch up!

givio 04-29-2016 09:56 AM

sewbizgirl, I like your arrangement of the prints and the light blue pieces. It really gives the block pattern a different look. I did mine so long ago-- is that the way it was arranged in the book? I'll have to check that out again. :-) Obviously, I did mine different. Sometimes if they are not symmetrical in the book, then I think I don't like them and change the fabrics around to my liking, but then when I see someone else's block, I think, "oh, that's nice!" lol