Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 3 Blocks Anne & April (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-3-blocks-anne-april-t268903.html)

huskyquilter 08-24-2015 04:35 AM

Well, I did finish both this weekend, but I'm really not liking how my april turned out at all, and I mixed up the placement of some of the colors on the little checkerboards. Rosy, I agree, the fact that it's not symmetrical is weird to me. I'm gonna take another crack at it and hope it comes together a little better, if not, well, time to move on. :) But, I figured since Aunt is so easy this week, taking a bit of extra time to try April again.

Honchey 08-24-2015 04:55 AM

Wonderful blocks Gayle, So glad to see them....

Rosyhf 08-24-2015 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In am working on April this morning and like I said before it didn't make sense to me. I need to see something ( I don't know lol) I pulled it into EQ and made a few changes, now it makes sense to me. What do you think...Just add a few lines.

Pam P 08-24-2015 07:20 AM

That's interesting. When you go back to the block after seeing this, it makes you wonder if the pieces are out of order.

Pam P 08-24-2015 07:27 AM

Never mind what I just said. You had to add more lines than I thought . I wouldn't know how to do that anyway lol.

katybob 08-24-2015 08:39 AM

Much better, Rosy. It's those rectangles next to the flying geese (or whatever they are) with the same fabric that looks strange, and just moving the fabric around doesn't work.

Rosyhf 08-24-2015 08:46 AM

You know, sometimes I think when the book goes to the printer it makes a mistake on some of the graphics. I don't have a lot of experience with EQ but I love that I can do a few things in it. I just learned what I need to learn lol. I learned how to erase a line and how to add one and how to export a block and how to color it so I can see how it will look.

Also, I love my block base. I find the block in there first, then open it in EQ and print the size I want. I just love to make the bigger blocks, 10 inch blocks for this quilt. I like the look of the smaller blocks but can only do so many before I tear my hair out lol.

oksewglad 08-24-2015 10:58 AM

LOL where because I was thinking of making this block with 1" cuts for the 9P's...The 9P's do not use the same fabrics in all the corners...when you put it on point you see a new angle which I really like.

TPr9258 08-24-2015 12:23 PM

Question ladies, do u press to one side or through center splitting seams and do y press each time after you see or when block is complete,

katybob 08-24-2015 12:41 PM

I generally press to one side unless I have a lot of seams meeting in the middle of something like a pinwheel, then I press the seams open. I always press as I sew each seam. When I'm paperpiecing, I keep an iron on a covered TV tray right next to me.