Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 4 Blocks Augusta & Aunt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-4-blocks-augusta-aunt-t269194.html)

givio 08-30-2015 12:10 PM

Rosy, thanks, that worked for me. A very interesting read!

Rosyhf 08-31-2015 04:38 AM

Oh good, I'm glad the downloads worked.

Gayle's Quilts 08-31-2015 05:07 AM

Well!! What is Drop Box??

huskyquilter 08-31-2015 11:15 AM

Ug. Rough weekend. Too much work, not enough sleep and here it is Monday. I'm SO looking forward to labor day. I'm working that evening, but I will be able to sleep in, and still have 8 beautiful hours to myself to sew. Seriously, I will be totally unavailable to the world. 70 hour work weeks really do put a damper on my sewing, and I need my fix to feel like a human. I had to bow out of a few obligations. It kinda stinks, but it is what it is I guess. The nice thing about this week is that both bosses are on vacation, which means that I should have a rather uneventful week. I'm planning to bring my fabric and cutting equipment and at least get some fabric cut and pinned while I'm at my desk job. I'm debating if I should finish April, Augusta, and Aunt #2, or if I should move on to the next two that will be posted tomorrow and try to finish them first. I have my fabrics picked out for Autumn, and I LOVE them, so I'm thinking I might just work on her a bit.

Rosy, I like your approach, and I would definitely do it if I had time. I just end up spending all my time digging through stuff, and cleaning up the resulting mess that I leave myself very little time (or space) to actually complete anything. I also get distracted and go a million directions. I'm not being too picky with colors though, just a general guide of aqua/blue green/teal/mint and red. Truthfully though it might just be a jumping off point, I'm sure it will change as I go along. Sometimes I just need to limit my choices a bit, otherwise my imagination takes me way off course and I end up in the bermuda triangle.

huskyquilter 08-31-2015 11:49 AM

Maybe I'll start hand piecing... That way I could at least get some sewing done on my subway rides. :)

givio 08-31-2015 12:46 PM

Huskyquilter, Yes, oh! that imagination, it takes me there too, in the Bermuda Triangle, quite a bit. Maybe we could get together for a cup of tea. :-)

huskyquilter 09-01-2015 05:17 AM

Givio, I would love that! I just noticed your question about the grey I have been using in the week 3 thread. I posted some info about it (and my favorite online fabric store). They have some really interesting prints I haven't seen elsewhere that might lend really well to your style of fussy cutting. :)

givio 09-01-2015 12:56 PM

Huskyquilter, Yeah, I noticed the link, clicked on it, and promptly floated off to the Bermuda Triangle. lol
That feature of clicking on a color and finding other fabrics in their database that are a similiar color (to use for coordinating your color scheme) is really cool!

huskyquilter 09-02-2015 04:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ha! Sorry for the distraction. ;)

Here are my finished Augusta and Aunt. Much happier with both of them. Didn't finish April redo last night, but def made progress on her. :) I *think* I'm starting to get the hang of these ladies. I even did a bit of hand piecing on Augusta. The thick seams I did on the machine. Givio, that's something you could test out on your vacation. It's really quite relaxing to hand piece.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529575[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]529576[/ATTACH]

Pam P 09-02-2015 05:45 AM

Those are beautiful! I really want your fabric stash...just sayin..