Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 4 Blocks Augusta & Aunt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-4-blocks-augusta-aunt-t269194.html)

Pam P 08-28-2015 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just love the way you do your blocks! Here is my Augusta. I stayed up late to re-do it and I am glad to be done with it! The next two look like they may be a bit easier for me. [ATTACH=CONFIG]529128[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 08-28-2015 09:13 PM

Givio - I love the fussy cutting your your block! Looking great gal!

Rosy, I downloaded Dropbox also, but could not get your pdf files to load either.

Pam - that turned out so pretty!

Pam P 08-28-2015 09:16 PM

Thanks Jeanie, I just needed an evening to myself to redo the ones I was having trouble with and this was the night. Now I can't sleep haha. Go figure.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-29-2015 05:20 AM

I cannot kept late hours like you 'younger' ladies can...LOL! Pam, great job on that block.

JeanieG, I downloaded Rosy's files. I printed the first one she sent me and its so enjoyable to read...everything from the ads to the articles.

Honchey 08-29-2015 06:04 AM

Wow! all the blocks look so different with the color fabric placement.. I see stars, blocks floating on water, and chutes & ladders..am I crazy or just see things differently.. love it, love it, love it :)

TPr9258 08-29-2015 08:05 AM

OK finally finished redos on first 2 blocks and posted them, think I finally have got this figured out, if you ladies can check the first group for me so I can start on the next group, I figure in about 3 weeks I should be up with the rest of you, although the 2nd bunch seem to give some a challenge so surely give me a headache, lol

janRN 08-29-2015 09:12 AM

Teri I looked at your redos and they're lovely. You have a good eye for contrast & color and all your points match. Yes, I think you have this figured out! When we started the first FWS I was a true beginner; by the time I finished piecing all those I felt like I could piece any block I saw (I'm a little over confident LOL) but the more you do the more you learn. There are a couple of difficult blocks next but then a whole bunch of easier ones. Please--just have fun doing them, don't make them another "chore" to be done like dusting or cleaning which I hear some people do to their homes.

Pam P 08-29-2015 09:20 AM

I agree with JanRN, I hope you didn't get discouraged reading my posts. I too am a beginner but even the hard ones are doable. My problem is I rush through them. Learning to take my time now though. Learning a lot of new things here. Every once in awhile I get an 'aha' moment about something I read in an earlier post and now it makes sense to me. Thanks everyone for all your tips!

Rosyhf 08-29-2015 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 7300579)
Givio - I love the fussy cutting your your block! Looking great gal!

Rosy, I downloaded Dropbox also, but could not get your pdf files to load either.

Pam - that turned out so pretty!

Jeanie, you need to click on the link at top right, I think to make it dowload to your computer. I am new at this also but it does work for large file, do a search on how to download from dropbox.

Rosyhf 08-29-2015 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7300570)
Rosy, I had to install Dropbox, which I did. Then I clicked on 'add a file' and had no luck getting your FW pdf using either the enhanced click and drag uploader or the basic uploader. But you could email the pdfs if your email account can attach large files. Or maybe you could put them in a folder then zip it?

Givio, I didn't think you had to download db. I thought you could just click on the link and get the file, let me try it.