Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt Along Week 5 Blocks #9 Autumn & #10 Ava (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-5-blocks-9-autumn-10-ava-t269481.html)

Honchey 09-01-2015 05:53 AM

The FWS 30's Quilt Along Week 5 Blocks #9 Autumn & #10 Ava

2 Attachment(s)
Here we are at week 5 and I can't believe we've been at it for a month now.. Time certainly flies by when we're having fun.. :)

Here are my blocks for this week..

QuiltingNinaSue 09-01-2015 07:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]529469[/ATTACH]

katybob 09-01-2015 08:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Great blocks, Honchey and QNS! The letter in the alphabet that goes after "L" is not working on this keyboard. It's quite a challenge to use words that don't have that letter in it. Off to the office supply store!
~[ATTACH=CONFIG]529471[/ATTACH]

Goodness, those are big pictures! I saved these a different way than before. I'll fiddle with the next ones.

grannyQ 09-01-2015 09:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So many pretty blocks, love all the color combinations.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529477[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]529478[/ATTACH]
Some of these blocks I use a seam ripper more than I want to. It seems to be an extension of my hands.

Pam P 09-01-2015 09:09 AM

Pretty blocks! I enjoyed these making these two blocks. For some reason my blocks keep failing the upload. will keep trying.

Pam P 09-01-2015 09:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
trying again...[ATTACH=CONFIG]529483[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]529484[/ATTACH]

huskyquilter 09-01-2015 10:33 AM

Wow! Really amazing to see everyone's skills improving week to week! Pam, I LOVE your autumn. Katy, that bright green is so perfect!

Well, I was pretty discouraged yesterday, just feeling so far behind and unhappy with how things are turning out. Today, I'm pretty much back on the horse and excited. I'm still chugging along on my April redo, and finishing up last weeks. My bosses are out of town this week, so I don't have a lot of work to do during the day. Today has been nice. I hand sewed a bit on Augusta (just need to press and I can start joining sections). My second version of Aunt just has the two long seams. I have my fingers crossed I can finish up these three tonight...

Fabric for Autumn and Ava is cut and hoping to get some piecing started on those two tonight, and fingers crossed for a finish on Autumn and Ava tomorrow night.

Pam P 09-01-2015 11:45 AM

Don't be discouraged. I am only caught up because I am going out of town for a week and will be behind again shortly lol. I am still trying to find my 'rhythm' for keeping up with the blocks each week. I had to spend Friday night and all day Saturday to get to this point. My family is not used to me being on my sewing machine this much. It is more than I have ever done. But I am determined to make this quilt for me, learn all the things I can do with my machine, and I am going to finish this no matter what, even if I get way behind. Hang in there, I want us to cross the finish line on this quilt.

sweet 09-01-2015 11:53 AM

I am surprised about how much I am learning from these blocks!

huskyquilter 09-01-2015 12:21 PM

Pam, thanks for the encouragement, it really does help. I agree, it's hard to figure out a good workflow for these since they are all so different. I'm kind of getting there I think. I now use the templates to cut my fabric, then have two envelopes, one with fabric and pp templates, and another with the cutting templates and extra scraps. That way, if I make a mistake, I have the scraps handy to get what I need on the spot.

But then... the bobbin runs out. :rolleyes: