Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 9 Block #17 Bride & Block #18 Carol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-9-block-17-bride-block-18-carol-t270493.html)

katybob 09-29-2015 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Great blocks this week, everyone! These were a little tough to make. I don't like that there's not much contrast with the two green prints in Bride, so I might redo it (or I might not!).
~[ATTACH=CONFIG]532071[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 09-29-2015 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL - Yes Jan, I remember your "ponys"! We had such a laugh over that! My Bride looks too busy - Oh well!!! Here are my blocks:

janRN 09-29-2015 01:28 PM

The more I see of the 30s fabrics the more I like them. All of your blocks are so cheerful and bright. I've been looking at the book Farm Girl (or something like that) and thinking I'd like to make that in the fabrics yinz are using. But that would mean a shopping trip---Yea! that would mean a shopping trip. You've inspired me to think bright colors instead of my usual gloom & doom blocks.

givio 09-29-2015 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
QNS, great historical tidbit there! haha! Looove your Carol-- cheerful fabrics!
Rosy... a year is a little hard to believe, but I see what you suggest about how the baby and the bath water saying got started. :-)
Jeanie, I have that same purple flowered print. I like it, especially with purple. Did you intend to have the handle of your bride bouquet turned opposite?
Lots of great blocks posted this week already.
Here's my Carol.
Katybob, your Carol looks wonderful-- wish I had chosen something with greater contrast, like you did.

oksewglad 09-29-2015 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 7331109)
Anne, have a fun trip. Ladies, love the bright and cheery blocks for this week and they're all so well done. Any PC riders remember my donkey friends?[ATTACH=CONFIG]532067[/ATTACH]

Sweetly sings the donkey at the break of day. If you do not feed him, this is what he'll say..Hee.Haw.Hee.Haw.Hee.Haw.Hee.Haw.Hee.Haw.

JeanieG 09-29-2015 02:37 PM

Jeanie, I have that same purple flowered print. I like it, especially with purple. Did you intend to have the handle of your bride bouquet turned opposite?

Oh Lordy Givio - I sure didn't. LOL Just a mistake, I thought it looked strange, but did not look at the photo in the book to double check! Won't be hard to fix!

TPr9258 09-29-2015 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still working on my bride square hope to get it done tonight, had to order a blu to use now have decide not to use it, lol, but here is my Carol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532091[/ATTACH]

TPr9258 09-29-2015 03:26 PM

All my squares come out so dark when I take pictures with my tablet, they really are much brighter.

Originally Posted by TPr9258 (Post 7331388)
Still working on my bride square hope to get it done tonight, had to order a blu to use now have decide not to use it, lol, but here is my Carol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532091[/ATTACH]

Rosyhf 09-29-2015 05:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Givio, it is history really. I'm good with history lol...once a year, no kidding. They believed a bath would make them sick....all of europe was just as disgusting lol.....Nostradamus was only one that I know of who took a bath outside in the cold.

Here is my Carol or Chiquita Banana lol.....I love this fabric NS>...This is how I did it. I didn't feel like doing all those hST. I took the pattern apart in EQ and made the sections I wanted, It went together like butta lol....

QuiltingNinaSue 09-29-2015 06:27 PM

Yellow sunflower looks very happy, and catches one's eye for sure. love it.! My book arrives on the first to stack and whack the fabric.