Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 32 Block 63 Mollie & Block 64 Monette (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quiltalong-week-32-block-63-mollie-block-64-monette-t277454.html)

Honchey 04-05-2016 06:08 AM

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 32 Block 63 Mollie & Block 64 Monette

Well Ladies, It's that time again and I'm happy to say I'm not late in Posting.. The blocks are another story :D

Some of you are already into completing the blocks with their surroundings. Sashing or triangles?

Let's see some of the blocks for this week...

QuiltingNinaSue 04-05-2016 06:42 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I posted the short cut I used on the last thread of this journey, but let me post again here as its easier than pp:o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547052[/ATTACH] I marked the light fabric with four rows of inch by inch blocks, cut it in half length wise and flipped it right side down on the dark fabric. Then I sewed the outside edges, one quarter inch seams on both out side edges. Cut down the line in the center, then cut each pair off and sew the block together. It likes like the second block below.[ATTACH=CONFIG]547056[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547057[/ATTACH] I also discovered a new site : www.kitsbyCarla.com who has five sheets of 'short cuts' that I am ordering. The quick way she makes flying geese sold me on her ideas. And I did make the smallest triangle in the first a bit larger, then trimmed it down to size.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-05-2016 06:45 AM

The photo in the book took the seam allowance off the photo....thus it does not look like the above, but it comes ou and the it to be six and half inches, and the squares so come out to be inch by inch squares.

JuneBillie 04-05-2016 09:50 AM

Those are pretty blocks QNS, and you have them all finished. You also are so good at coming up with short cuts too. :)

I started my Mollie block, and am going slow with it. Will get to my Monette afterwards, but not sure how long that will be. Also finishing up on my mug rugs for a swap, then all to my blocks again. I love these blocks.

janRN 04-05-2016 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine. I'm not real happy with the fabric choices in the second block with all the little squares. What do yinz think? [ATTACH=CONFIG]547122[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 04-05-2016 02:54 PM

I think you have good strong contrast and both are lovey blocks, JanRN.

JuneBillie 04-05-2016 03:34 PM

I agree with QuiltingNinaSue. Both blocks JanRN are very pretty. The design fabric in the second one adds a lot of interest too.:)

Honchey 04-05-2016 04:00 PM

Your blocks look great Jan, I wouldn't change anything..

givio 04-05-2016 07:43 PM

Nice fussy cutting, QNS, the flowers look nice.
Jan, both of your blocks look fine. I especially like the light/dark of the green/white/black one (or navy? not sure of the color on my monitor). It's hard to know what to do with that little square block. I have no idea yet what fabric to choose for it...

janRN 04-06-2016 04:26 AM

Thank you, ladies. I'm always unsure of my color choices and this one just looked dull to me. I want happy colorful blocks like QNS makes and the spring time colors of the 30s blocks. I love all the blocks everyone has made and never question your color choices. I'm going to leave it as is--thanks again.