Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt=Along Wk 32 New Jersey & Norway Pine Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt%3Dalong-wk-32-new-jersey-norway-pine-discussion-page-t197614.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-19-2012 05:56 PM

JanRN, do a search with "sensory fabrics for kids" and there are tons of ideals by age. Sounds like a wonderful idea, so nice of you to want to help him. I like what Barb said about it too. Fleece would be 'cuddly' when he wrapped himself into it. There are patterns for tents and tepees now too. to make an area just for him to play in.

Honchey 08-19-2012 05:57 PM

buttons and zippers are ok as well as pockets somewhere so he could tuck something special in there..My GS just turned four and he was so thrilled to discover that he could put his matchbox cars in his pants pockets when he just turned 3...Also proud of himself to be able to zip up his hoodie jacket. maybe small straps with snaps on them to snap closed and the to pull apart to open.. I have some Minkee squares if you want them...let me know. H.

oksewglad 08-19-2012 06:43 PM

I agree. Buttons, zippers, pockets are important. If he is going to have some self sufficiency it is easier for him to learn about the above when he is young. The more he learns now, the better off he will be when he is older. What a kind thing to do , Jan.

oksewglad 08-19-2012 09:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, so tonight I went through the blocks that I don't have done and those to do in the future. I have some fun kangaroo and Aussie flag fabric from QE to use for a mirabelle block. I also want to include Anael in an International block, but the Netherlands flag is just 3 horizontal red-white-blue bars. So I came up with a block for Anael that would substitute for some of those Y seam blocks we all love to hate. So here's Tulips for Anael. And there's a PP attachment as well as a Rotary cut attachment in PDF format. Enjoy. Now the Canadians--need to come up with something for you, too![ATTACH=CONFIG]356745[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356746[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356747[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 08-19-2012 10:13 PM

Oh that looks great - I think we all should do this block for Anael!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-20-2012 04:11 AM

Me, too. I agree. And the Maple leaf for Canada. And what for Mirabelle?

gardnergal970 08-20-2012 04:51 AM

That will be one of my substitute blocks. Thanks, OKSewglad.

dublb 08-20-2012 07:12 AM

Now that is darlin'! Great sub ta represent Anael! I'll have ta think about my red, cream & blue fabric & see if it will work.

JeanieG 08-20-2012 11:00 AM

Does anyone have the Maple Leaf in our size that they can share???

QuiltingNinaSue 08-20-2012 12:00 PM

Some one needs to take the Maple leaf block from from FWQ and size it up two inches...in EQ. I plan on using the tulip in place of the pig's tail. Love it when we all chat all week long, always something to read every morning, and in the afternoons.

I miss you'all when you are gone to retreats or, like QuiltE AWOL, for awhile.