Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along 45 Block (Halfway) Milestone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-45-block-halfway-milestone-t192243.html)

QuiltE 06-20-2012 08:01 PM

Oh me oh my, MiraB ... it's prettier than I was prepared for! :) The sashings/cornerstones are going to be absolutely perfect!

mirabelle 06-21-2012 12:08 AM

Thank you QuiltE, now where are all the others???? I need eye candy:D

janRN 06-21-2012 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a not-very-good pic of my first 45. I have them on a sheet in the front yard and the grass is very lumpy. Like Mirab said, please let me know what colors I'm lacking. (Other than yellow which I will force myself to use.)[ATTACH=CONFIG]343564[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 06-21-2012 05:12 AM

Beautiful. I love it.

Honchey 06-21-2012 05:17 AM

Wow!!! another with all the blocks up to date!!!! I'm jealous!!! Yes, Yellow, I like the coral color too!

gardnergal970 06-21-2012 05:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343597[/ATTACH]

Here's my next 15. I don't have room to lay them all out and the color is really off but I do have them done. As you can see I need to make up some more sashing but that will be next week. I got the wrong picture the first time so here are 16 through 45.

oksewglad 06-21-2012 06:25 AM

My My what wonderful blocks. Jan I can see that blue sashing with these. It's going to be oh so lovely!--your colors are so fresh and clean looking.
GGal--sashing and cornerstones complement your blocks so well--a nice balance of lights and darks.
Like several of us--I'm behind and looking forward to sewing time starting next week! Oh and we had a wonderful 1.1 " of rain last night and a comfortable cool front behind it. This is a Godsend.

janRN 06-21-2012 06:29 AM

Great combination of colors, Ggal--they all work together. I think you & I had the same concerns about mixing novelty fabrics and "normal" fabrics. But it works doesn't it? I think all laid out like that shows how a quilt is a sum of it's parts--the individual blocks combine to make the final product. Very nice job.

Termi 06-21-2012 10:17 AM

mirabelle, your blocks look just beautiful all together. But I agree with you, I see lots of red, especially in the 2nd picture, 3rd row. They'd look nice spread amongst the others maybe but I'm no expert.

JanRN, just beautiful!!!! The colors look balanced to me.

gardnergal, really lovely seeing all your blocks together. The sashing and cornerstones look great!!

JeanieG 06-21-2012 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful quilts in the making gals!

Mirabelle - Love the color you are using on your sashings and cornerstones. They really set off your blocks nicely.

Jan - Those are looking spectacular! You have done well distributing all the different colored blocks.

Gardnergal - Oh my, that burgundy and gold really sets off your blocks.

Well, as you all know, I'm going to make mine into two quilts. I have chosen the sashing for the Pony Quilt, and the cornerstones will be black or dark brown. My non-Pony (don't know what to call it - any suggestions???) quilt I have not decided on the sashing/cornerstones yet. The blocks were just stuck up on the display board, not in any set order as yet. I just wanted to get the photos on this page as we will be leaving on a trip for about a month, and I wanted to put everything away!