Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-1-photo-page-beauty-dandy-t174350.html)

JeanieG 04-06-2012 04:52 PM

Thank for dropping bye tdt. Come back and join us again soon!

tdtdesign 04-06-2012 05:08 PM

QuiltingNinaSue,
So what happens when you have three real cowboys? Do they play Rock, Papa, Scissors to see who gets to sit in the middle? My daughter's horse loved wooden fences...he thought they were just delicious.

QuiltE 04-06-2012 08:18 PM

Oh Oh ... I've been doing Y-PP!
And have A Beauty almost done ... though decided to call it a day (or perhaps I should say night?)
Will be doing the photos tomorrow/Saturday and posting.

QuiltE 04-07-2012 11:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And here you go ..... a PP'd "A Beauty" from the back .........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326049[/ATTACH]

... and now it's all stripped and pressed, along with it's Pardner "A Dandy" that I posted way back in week one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326050[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 04-07-2012 11:40 AM

Good job, QuiltE. Nothing wrong with your eye sight or colors on your lovely blocks.

tdt: good to hear from you. The cowboy way would respect age and the youngest cowboy would sit on the right and open and shut all the gates. If the horse is eating the wood there is a problem...needs minerals & salt...and some schooling. Some horses will kick boards out of their stall and needs a refresher of training. Others will try to bit you as you saddle or bridle them; bad habit. Or fill their stomach with air, so when you step into the saddle, the cinch gives way and turns you under the horse.

I find the trick rider is exciting; they train their horses well so the rider can hang onto each side and back while the horse gallops around the ring.

QuiltE 04-07-2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5123852)
Good job, QuiltE. Nothing wrong with your eye sight or colors on your lovely blocks.

tdt: good to hear from you. The cowboy way would respect age and the youngest cowboy would sit on the right and open and shut all the gates. If the horse is eating the wood there is a problem...needs minerals & salt...and some schooling. Some horses will kick boards out of their stall and needs a refresher of training. Others will try to bit you as you saddle or bridle them; bad habit. Or fill their stomach with air, so when you step into the saddle, the cinch gives way and turns you under the horse.

I find the trick rider is exciting; they train their horses well so the rider can hang onto each side and back while the horse gallops around the ring.

Thank you QNSue ... I appreciate your encouragement. I had such a hard time deciding on the fabrics for A Beauty. Sometimes I putter around with the fabrics for a very long time before I start working on a block. And sometimes too, I walk away from it or ignore the block for awhile, when I just don't know what to do!

I too enjoy the trick riders ... and appreciate their skill!
Also, the synchronized riders ... particularly our RCMP Musical Ride!!!

janRN 04-07-2012 01:43 PM

Very, very pretty QE! I love all your fussy cuts and the bright colors you used. Good job!

carriem 04-07-2012 03:58 PM

Great blocks QuiltE! Good job on getting all caught up during spring break! :)

JeanieG 04-07-2012 04:35 PM

Oh lovely fabric QuiltE! (lol) Those both turned out super! You'll be caught up in no time.

gardnergal970 04-07-2012 05:04 PM

Wow...QuiltE...you've outdone yourself! It's been worth the wait to get to the beauty.