Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-10-country-lanes-cowboys-star-photo-page-t181898.html)

dublb 06-09-2012 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5277697)

Alas, I'm doing some catch up ...
It looks like the star points are all lined up and with the 1/4" seam allowances ready for you to slice some off the sides and square it up Yes? No?

You couldn't have chosen a better fabric combo ... and to keep with your American patriotic theme! The flag fabric looks whiter than IRL ... and yes, some bling for the flags!

I'm takin' a little time ta step back from it & I'll work on it later. I'm afraid that when I square it up I'll loose one of the tips of one of the points.:(

Ps I just realized that the other fabrics in this block came from QNS. I'm really blessed.
:)

QuiltingNinaSue 06-10-2012 09:01 AM

So glad you can enjoy the pieces, Dubd. Love what you are doing with the pieces. Cannot see any gain of space in the quilt room yet...seems life has me on the fast track elsewhere these days. Had to finish picking peas this morning; and that song of eating goober peas was running through my empty head as I shelled them. Cooking them with fresh new potatoes and creaming the combo.

Always have to laugh about Texas slogan, "Don't mess with Texas."; my brother always remarked, "Who would want too??" Made the Texas Reporter Cookbook recipe of Buffalo Chips Cookies (definitely shows the Texan sense of humor) last Wednesday and took them up to the Lake where our friends were staying...along with Baked Beans, BarBque Chicken legs, cold pasta salad and rhubarb-strawberry crunch. They want the same thing catered in to them next year...and adopt me into their "family".

The cookies take a pound of butter, 3 different packages of chips, corn flakes, and coconut flakes to create the cow patty and make a ton of cookies. Yep, they are finger lickin' good.

JeanieG 06-10-2012 10:06 AM

Oh QNS, you are making me hungry and it is not even lunch time yet! Those cookies sound wonderful!

dublb 06-10-2012 12:34 PM

Oh QNS my DD would love that Buffalo Chip recipe. She does all things TX 'cause she lives in FL. :) My DH makes his own BBQ sauce. Wow how wonderful it is. His dream is ta someday market it.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-10-2012 01:41 PM

Maybe I need to make some 'care' packages and send them out like I did for the kids when they were in college; son ended up selling his triple chocolate brownies for $5.00 a piece that was 2x3 inches. Guess I will see who sends me a private message and go from there. lol!!:p

JeanieG 06-10-2012 03:05 PM

Could you put the cookie recipe in the recipe section for us (or even here)??? I'm sure many would love to have it!

Termi 06-11-2012 11:31 AM

What a great menu QuiltingNinaSue!!! I'd love the cookie recipe too!

QuiltE 06-11-2012 01:23 PM

mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
Me too! Me too! Me too!!!!!!!!

Yesssssss Pleeeeease do post the recipe ... I'd be fearful if you snailed them to us, that our UPS people might eat them all up before CP even got a chance!

I'm sure that they would adopt you into their family, with deliveries to them like that. And to think that I did a "baking add-ins" shopping today. I'm all fully stocked and waiting for the recipe.

New Find .... Lemon Chipits ... I bought a bunch and have no clue what I will do with them. Deliciously Lemon as is. I melted a few, and they made for a lovely dipped strawberry. Colourful too!

JeanieG 06-14-2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5281984)
mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
Me too! Me too! Me too!!!!!!!!

Yesssssss Pleeeeease do post the recipe ... I'd be fearful if you snailed them to us, that our UPS people might eat them all up before CP even got a chance!

I'm sure that they would adopt you into their family, with deliveries to them like that. And to think that I did a "baking add-ins" shopping today. I'm all fully stocked and waiting for the recipe.

New Find .... Lemon Chipits ... I bought a bunch and have no clue what I will do with them. Deliciously Lemon as is. I melted a few, and they made for a lovely dipped strawberry. Colourful too!

Ohhhhh I just love lemon! If you find a great recipe, let us know!

QuiltE 06-16-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5289303)
Ohhhhh I just love lemon! If you find a great recipe, let us know!

I think they coculd be used in most any recipe ... just a different flavour twist to the standard ones!!! I will confess the dipped strawberries were quite refreshing with the lemon!