Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-11-cats-paw-confederate-rose-photo-page-t182733.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-14-2012 05:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, mine are done and I am glad I do not have to do another confound rose! John Barley Corn loved his pony. Bob; in Arkansas, so where did the confound rose enter the picture??Quite the challenge.[ATTACH=CONFIG]319724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319725[/ATTACH]

JanieW 03-14-2012 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5058954)
Anne, I absolutely love your Cat's Paw-the colors are awesome and it's so cute how you FC the cats. As for Conf Rose, yours unfinished looks better than mine finished.
Termi, those are cute kitties; what a difference color makes compared to Anne's. And you nailed Conf Rose-I'm impressed.
JanieW I love black and white blocks and you also got Conf rose perfect. I'm jealous LOL!
Here are my blocks. Yep, no kitties (Mr. Patches would have a fit) and no Conf Red (it gave me fits). I'm calling my second block Dog Star. It's for me and QuiltE--we love Dalmatians.

JanRN,
Fantastic. I love your fabrics. I think your Dog Star is terrific. That was a clever idea. It goes so well with the Cat's Paw block.

Don't be jealous of my block, it's not perfect. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so stubborn.:p

JanieW 03-14-2012 07:04 AM

QuiltingNinaSue,

As usual you have put together two great looking blocks. Your choice of fabrics in the Confed Rose really makes it look so different. I like it. It reminds me of a lifesaver on a ship and there were several times during the sewing of that block that I could have used one!

wendiq 03-14-2012 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am in complete awe with all your Confederate Rose blocks. I'm skipping this one......I've actually found in looking ahead, that I will be skipping a few. However, I did complete the Cat's Paw and will just settle for this one this week. However, those of you that have done both.....CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done....:)

janRN 03-14-2012 07:10 AM

QNS & Wendiq, love your blocks. QNS you pick such bright cheery colors. Wendiq love the black and white-reminds me of my dog, Patches LOL.

Termi 03-14-2012 08:37 AM

Well another wednesday morning and more beautiful blocks.

JanRN, very nice contrast in your CP and love the colorful cat paw fabric! What a great block you did in place of CR, (I don't blame you!) What cute dogs! A cat block and a dog block. Very fitting.

QuiltingNinaSue, Great contrast and fabric in both blocks. I love the red and purple star fabric and the tiny print. Your CR came out great!! After coming off the heels of Cowboy's Star, we had to do CR. What a bugger!! What a name, John Barley Corn, and a pony named Bob.

wendiq, great cats paw!! What a cute little feline in the middle. Nice job!!!

Anael 03-14-2012 08:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ohhhh so many beautiful blocks already! You all did such a great job! Here are mine for this week.[ATTACH=CONFIG]319823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319824[/ATTACH]

gardnergal970 03-14-2012 08:58 AM

JanRN...what a neat"doggie" block. Great fussy cutting. And the little hearts in the CP are adorable.

QNSue...your blocks are stunning. The CR really shows off the design of the block with more stars in the CP.

Wendig...such a cute kitty peeking out of the center of your block.

Anael...your pink CR gives it a totally different look. I really like it. And then there is no mistaking the CP will all the fussy cut cats. Great job!

janRN 03-14-2012 05:11 PM

Anael, great blocks. I love the way you presented the cats. Your colors are so pretty in CR. Love them both.

Termi 03-14-2012 06:04 PM

Anael, what great kitty cat fabric, nice job. I like the center one eyeing up the rest. Beautiful colors in CR, nice job on that one too!!