Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-12-cake-stand-christmas-tree-photo-page-t183521.html)

dublb 04-22-2012 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5160711)
Oh wow, that happens in Phoenix too!

How often do they happen in Phoenix??

JeanieG 04-22-2012 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5162335)
How often do they happen in Phoenix??

They had several last year, one while we were there in August.

dublb 04-22-2012 06:05 PM

Yuck!:thumbdown:

QuiltE 04-22-2012 08:05 PM

Thanks City Cousins!!! ... it warms my ♥ to know that you are interested in knowing more about where your food comes from. I'm not sure the stats in the USA, but here in Ontario, farmers represent only about 2% of the population ... and yet, are the 2nd largest contributor to employment in the province, with nearly 1/3 of all jobs being in the agricultural sector!! (direct farm jobs, and indirect ones that would not exist without farm products, etc.)

There's a saying that we often see here, to help remind people of the importance of farmers ....
"If you ate today, thank a farmer!"

gardnergal970 04-23-2012 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5162843)
Thanks City Cousins!!! ... it warms my ♥ to know that you are interested in knowing more about where your food comes from. I'm not sure the stats in the USA, but here in Ontario, farmers represent only about 2% of the population ... and yet, are the 2nd largest contributor to employment in the province, with nearly 1/3 of all jobs being in the agricultural sector!! (direct farm jobs, and indirect ones that would not exist without farm products, etc.)

There's a saying that we often see here, to help remind people of the importance of farmers ....

So true QuiltE.

grannyQ 05-02-2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5162843)

Not all people know how there food is grown. Some children still think choc milk comes from choc cows.
One time our daughters were in 3rd & 4th grade, their classes came to our farm to watch how sheep were sheared, the teachers were more interested than the kids. The boys were trying to ride some of the lambs. So we didn't do that an other time.

grannyQ 05-02-2012 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My blocks for week 12.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]332403[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 05-02-2012 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 5188415)
Not all people know how there food is grown. Some children still think choc milk comes from choc cows.
One time our daughters were in 3rd & 4th grade, their classes came to our farm to watch how sheep were sheared, the teachers were more interested than the kids. The boys were trying to ride some of the lambs. So we didn't do that an other time.

You are so right!!!!! ... and yet the chocolate milk from brown cows makes sense to them, because brown/red hens lay brown eggs! :)

ITA re the teachers ... I do a lot of work at our fairs for ag education days ... and it's sometimes frustrating when teachers want to "control" and tell the kids things, and it's all wrong!!!! So then it becomes a difficult thing to tell a teacher they are so off-base in front of the kids! I'm still of the thought that I like to see the kids respect their teachers, and sometimes the teachers make it almost impossible for me to respect them. (with no disrespect to the teachers who will read this!) So often times, I try to ignore the teacher .... and just tell the kids the true story, and engage them in discussions to help them learn and understand.

And too ... there are many phenomenal children, adults and teachers, who come our way, admit their ignorance and willingly learn ... and give great accolades to the farmers for what they do to provide them their food! Now those people ... make it all worthwhile!

*sigh* ..... gotta love those blues! :)

oksewglad 05-02-2012 03:43 PM

Another sigh from Iowa. Between you and mirabelle's blues I've been sighing alot too.

dublb 05-02-2012 05:18 PM

GrannyQ - Are ya PP or using templates? Your blocks have got me singin' the blues!