Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 15 Doe & Darts and Elsie's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-15-doe-darts-elsies-favorite-photo-page-t186423.html)

JeanieG 04-23-2012 09:21 AM

I don't know QuiltE - those curves look perfect to me! And thanks everyone for the kind comments on my blocks. They took a while!!!

dublb 04-23-2012 04:29 PM

Oh, Wow! Everybody's blocks are awesome! Those curves look very intimidating. I'm not sure when I'll git to 'em.

JeanieG 04-23-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5164962)
Oh, Wow! Everybody's blocks are awesome! Those curves look very intimidating. I'm not sure when I'll git to 'em.

I did not think they were as hard as I anticipated. I aligned the middle of each piece, then started stitching in the middle. I gently pulled the two sides together as I stitched. I used my 1/4" foot, but had also marked the 1/4" line on the pieces. They seemed to come together very easily. I pinned the 1st one, and it was really wonky, so I tore it out and just held the pieces together and slowly sewed.

Termi 04-24-2012 09:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5165194)
I did not think they were as hard as I anticipated. I aligned the middle of each piece, then started stitching in the middle. I gently pulled the two sides together as I stitched. I used my 1/4" foot, but had also marked the 1/4" line on the pieces. They seemed to come together very easily. I pinned the 1st one, and it was really wonky, so I tore it out and just held the pieces together and slowly sewed.

JeanieG, I did my EF exactly the way you did. I found that if I used pins it came out worse than if I just held the pieces together and sewed very slowly.

Finally, here are mine for the week. I find that if I use Best Press when the block is finished, the fabric gets wavy. Does anyone know why?

QuiltE, I see nothing wrong with your curves, they look perfect!

QuiltE 04-24-2012 09:48 AM

Termi ... I've had the waves happen with some of my yellow. I was blaming it on the fact that it was a batik. And too, have thought that perhaps the iron was too hot as it doesn't happen all the time and does not seem to be happening to my regular quilting cottons. I've started to use BP, but have NOT used it on the PC yet (trying to use up stash of spray starch). So I don't think it's the BP to blame .... and I have been able to get the waves pressed out, eventually.

Wonder? try a spritz of water, and then press those waves out?

Great fabric choices for both blocks. The subtlety of D+D works! And love the FUN in Elsie's! Your curves are more than perfect!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-24-2012 11:22 AM

Termi, wonderful job on your blocks. Love your little cowpokes!!

dublb 04-24-2012 05:25 PM

Termi your blocks are sooooo cute! Your points are nice & sharp especially in EF.:thumbup:

JeanieG 04-24-2012 06:28 PM

Your blocks turned out just great Termi! Cute fabric in EF!

mirabelle 04-25-2012 04:31 AM

Cute blocks Termi

gardnergal970 04-25-2012 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine for this week. I finally figured out why EF was so difficult but only after I was done. There are no dots to match up when easing the outside pieces onto the block. If the first piece is cockeyed, it all goes downhill from there. I'm singing the same song as I heard about this block, "the quilting will take care of the ruffles." I looked ahead and there are no more curves.