Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 17 Everyone's Favorite & Fishing Boat Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-17-everyones-favorite-fishing-boat-photo-page-t187830.html)

deranged_damsel 05-04-2012 06:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey all!
I just now realized it is friday and I am LATE for the picture show

FABULOUS blocks ladies!!! Im always excited to see the novelty prints :D

Here are mine for the week.... DH says that my boat wont go far with the barbed wire! stinker.... well my DD keeps telling me that we have a old rusted boat out in the field, so I finally went out to look at it, it is a CAR! with no frame, someone took all of the panels off and hauled away the frame! LOL :D

oksewglad 05-04-2012 07:09 AM

DDamsel-these are so lovely; the effective use of stripes (aka barbed wire) creates 2 very striking blocks.

gardnergal970 05-04-2012 08:24 AM

Jeanie...your little cowboys will need hard hats if they plan to do any sailing! Your blocks are really capturing the spirit of the ponies. Nice work!

DDamsel...you really got your fabric straight. Looks like a fine, cow tight fence. Don't know about QNSue's ewe though. I do like your combination for the EF block. Really sets off the pattern.

deranged_damsel 05-04-2012 09:10 AM

4 Attachment(s)
so I went for a walk out to the "Boat/Car" this morning and took a GOOD look... I think that maybe it is a buggy with electric lights!

also an old stove

and "Hercules" a baby Great Pyrenees

QuiltingNinaSue 05-04-2012 01:50 PM

I thought scrap iron was worth a few $$$; might make you some sewing $$,DD. Like your security guard, he is so handsome!! Love everyone's blocks. Yep, Leaping Lena would love that barbwire fence...she would go under, then over the lower wire.

Ducks and turkeys are so different from chickens. Ducks figured out how to go in and out of their house; they love all the weeds and green growing things in the yard. Moved the turkeys into where the ducks were, in the A frame; one got away from me. But looking at the BIG world, she turned around to come back to her mommy...me, of course. They are happy, high flying, strutting in the A frame chicken tractor now.

Cleaning out the stock tank for incoming chickens in the middle of the month; then in June we will ready it for the incoming guineas. Since turkeys and chickens seem to cause problems, we will not put them together in the orchard, putting the turkeys in their own area NE of the house.

JeanieG 05-04-2012 02:26 PM

Interesting looking "boat" deranged! LOL

QuiltE 05-04-2012 03:10 PM

DDamsel ... another lovely pair of blocks. And be sure to tell that DH, just how much we all appreciate your unique boat! :) I will admit I would so love to have a play with your pup!

And guess what
QNSue .... I swear that I saw a Chicken Tractor go by my home today. I was just coming home and low and behold there it was on a trailer and I said to myself, I know exactly what THAT is! So now I'll have to scout the area and see if it's been installed nearby!

dublb 05-04-2012 09:21 PM

Ohhhhh, Everybodys blocks are so lovely! I don't why I didn't get this thread when I went & got the discussion page. Hmmmm no wonder I wasn't seein' picts. :) I'm behind some more. No sewin'g this week. My family seemed ta think that I should be free, & drop everything when they call. My DDIL was the only one who made plans with me, (I got ta take care of my DSon on Mon.) I kinda put my foot down & made my DSis plan lunch another day. She calls on Mon. & want's me ta do lunch that day. I told her that I had plans & she tried not ta take no for an answer. She works in Odessa (a 15-20 min drive.) I scheduled for Wed. That is the type thing that happened several times the first part of the week. Then yesterday I got fed up with my bathrooms not havin' decent flooring so I went & bought the cheapest vinyl tile & laid it. The back bathroom yesterday & the front one taday. Hooray all done. DH & DSon did help too. Crazy week! I have high hopes for next week!
PS I did go to the LQS in Odessa after lunch!:cool:

JeanieG 05-04-2012 09:28 PM

Oh dear, sounds like quite a week dublb! But hey, you got a new bathroom floor! That's cool!!!

dublb 05-04-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5194707)
Oh dear, sounds like quite a week dublb! But hey, you got a new bathroom floor! That's cool!!!

Yeah I'm a happy camper!
I put the tile in the front bathroom "on point!" Always a quilter!