Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 25 July Fourth & John's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-25-july-fourth-johns-favorite-photo-page-t192789.html)

carriem 07-05-2012 02:32 PM

QNS--two really great blocks! The dog in the corner is a nice touch. Love all your fabrics in the 4th of July block.

dublb 07-05-2012 02:58 PM

Perfect Sue!!

QuiltE 07-05-2012 05:50 PM

QNSue ... a perfect pair! Very patriotic for the 4th. And John's horses and cowboy dog are perfect. Great barnboard fabric there.

gardnergal970 07-06-2012 04:23 AM

QNSue...the barn board fabric really dresses up the block and then the fussy cutting for deputy dog...great job. Your firecrackers are the only ones I'll hear this year. Looks good.

Termi 07-06-2012 07:21 AM

Oh, QNS, your July 4th block is so nice and festive, great fabric. And....... so much creativity in your John's Favorite!!!!!
Great job FC the barn board fabric!! The dog looks like he's up in the loft.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-06-2012 08:43 AM

Thanks everyone. Yes, Termi, that was the idea to set Duke into the loft serving as his lookout tower. He is a Red-bone coon hound, very protective of 'his' owner and the owner's things. I had one as a child, and learned many things from him. He even snapped at my smaller cousin, who grabbed my doll cradle to play with it. Never bit her, just scared her by snapping close to her face. Also scared all the watchful adults.

oksewglad 07-07-2012 01:15 PM

Perfect placement, QNS. It's amazing what you do with fabric.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-07-2012 03:15 PM

Sometimes, Oksewglad, it amazes me. I start out one way, and end up going another a lot of times. It's like it 'talks' to me. No! or Yes! Like when I told the 6 turkeys to 'turkey talk' to me and they started 'gobble, gobble' back to me; my friend was a witness to it all and she could not believe it either.

oksewglad 07-07-2012 06:26 PM

I understand the "talks to me part". When I put my scrap mini's together that's what happens to me too. Sometimes takes forever to get the right answer though!!

Anael 07-07-2012 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5340766)
Another ... "old" country ...... then there's we young'uns!
When do you celebrate the Queen's Birthday?
And how?

We celebrate on April 30th. That was late Queen Juliana's birthday, our present queen Beatrix didn't want to change that. It's a national holiday. Where I live in the morning there's a huge kind of yard sale where kids (and adults) sell their stuff they collected during the year. There's also an art market with paintings, bobbin lace and things like that. And of course lots of beer :( In the evening music in a tent. No fireworks.

QNS, I love your blocks! You have the most amazing fabrics :D