Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 26 Kansas & Lightening Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-26-kansas-lightening-photo-page-t193458.html)

janRN 07-04-2012 04:34 AM

Mirab, what pretty blocks! Makes me wish I had "softer" tastes instead " in your face" colors LOL. Great job on both of them.
Anael, welcome back.

Anael 07-04-2012 05:10 AM

Thank you Jan!

gardnergal970 07-04-2012 05:12 AM

JanR...what great fussy cutting and such a nice balance in the sub block. I'm with you on the bold colors. I'm stepping outside my usual though with a BOM called U-Taupeio I'm doing locally and I could get used to it...at least once in awhile.

Mirabelle...looks like you're back in the swing of things. I can't wait to see your finished quilt. No one will ever guess that it was made on the pony trail.

Termi...you really nailed the Kansas block. Maybe just a little frame on one side of lightening would be enough rather than starting all over again.

Anael...welcome back! No one else has been brave enough to admit how far behind they are but I can assure you, there are other riders in the rear but we all make up the PC and we couldn't do without them. As someone said, this is not a race. Hang in there and do what you can. We welcome your contribution.

QuiltE 07-04-2012 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5337434)
You're right QuiltE, I'm back and I kind of fell off the Pony wagon. I have a lot of catching up to do! I think I have 36 blocks so do the math LOL. I just made a to-do list as I'm behind of lots of projects :(
The weather in France was great, lots of sunshine, only one day cloudy and no sunshine. We weren't very active, mostly beach and a walk in the evening so yes, lots of R + R :D

Sounds like a perfect holiday,
Anael! Welcome Back!!!

I think I left off at 36 (or maybe 38) ... so I'm travelling with you in the dust of the forerunners!! :) Though it looks like I may be left behind, as with your list in hand, it looks like you'll be movin' on! :)

Anael 07-04-2012 05:56 AM

Thanks so much for the warm welcome back :D

Don't you worry QuiltE, there's a lot on my list! I need to catch up on Jane, Sylvia, a few BOM's, I planned to do some FW blocks and when there's time left Pony blocks :D So I think I will travel beside you in the dust :o

oksewglad 07-04-2012 09:37 AM

Jan--just love your substitution and colors will work well in your quilt. Perfect fabric for the lightning block, too.
Termi--love the colors in your K block! Paisleys are just the right size for the lightning block.
mirabelle--ahahah, so pretty.
Anael and QE as well as any others in the dust: At the rate I'm going the leaders of the pack will be eating my dust as they lap me!!!! But who cares we are all enjoying the trip.

dublb 07-04-2012 12:16 PM

Boy Anael we missed ya! I'm so glad that ya had a good time in France. I too, am waaaaay behind!!!!

Latrinka 07-04-2012 03:25 PM

Very pretty!

grannyQ 07-04-2012 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ladies, you all have very pretty blocks, love all the different colors and makes each block your own. I haven't done the lightning block yet, and I just might do a sub for it, but here is mine for the week.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]346726[/ATTACH]

dublb 07-04-2012 03:37 PM

Lovely GQ!!! Ya got me singin' the blues!