Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 37 Railroad Crossing & Homeward Bound Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-37-railroad-crossing-homeward-bound-photo-page-t200882.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 10-15-2012 05:06 AM

Experience is always the best teacher. Glad you got it figured out, Jeanie, now you will know since you did try it!! Good for you.

Good for Oksewglad to give the Missouri Star the right size; thank you, since I will be using that...love it.

Yes, this is my 'guild' the QB PC members. Helpful, encouraging, and they produce wonderful show and tell sessions.

QuiltE 10-15-2012 07:08 AM

Weird?
I know I responded yesterday to the above post from QNSue and OKSGlad ... and yet it's not here
... did something go poof? ... I wouldn't know why?

QNSue ... Thanks for the offer! I did find the 3 Maple Leaves, Aussie Frog and Anael's Tulips on the weekend, and have printed them out. What an honour for the 3 of us non-Americans to be given our very own blocks for the PC! I'll be making them for sure, and chances are they will be the first ones when I get back to the machine.

OKSGlad ... You've been playing again with that magic wand! Thanks for Missouri and also for the 3 Nationals for us! I've also got your Iowa one from the linke QNSue gave before!

Dreary day here ... not raining ... well except for the odd bit of drizzle
Sat/Sun overnight we got 1-1/2" rain .......... atleast it's not S!!!! :) That'll come all too soon!

works4me 05-24-2014 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a variety of topics, and some great blocks, too. :D
My Homeward Bound is complete. I wasted quite a bit of my pumpkin fabric getting those little fussy cut squares but I think it was worth it. This is weird - all my seams matched and even my edges matched and, get this, it finished at 8 1/2 inches. I only trimmed a few little fuzzies off. Wow!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]476628[/ATTACH]

Anael 05-24-2014 09:17 AM

The FC is great, very well done! Sometimes I don't understand the measurements of blocks either! When you've done everything right it should be the right size but sometimes it just isn't :(

JeanieG 05-24-2014 11:22 AM

I remember wasting fabric when I was fussy cutting these blocks too. And indeed it is well worth it!!! Love your blocks!

works4me 05-24-2014 01:16 PM

Anael - Thank you. There should be enough scraps to use in another block, hopefully on this quilt. Otherwise, I came up with another quilt for using these scraps while taking with QuiltE. I said it in jest, but, the more I think about it, the more fun I think it just might be.

Usually, my blocks are 8 1/2 at one end and about 8 5/8 or 3/4 at the other. This one turned out correctly all the way around. I was quite happy.

JeanieG - thank you. I am enjoying the fussy cutting opportunities in this quilt. Of course, I am not using as appropriate fabrics as others did but still...

Anael 05-24-2014 02:35 PM

What is appropriate? You like what you're doing. I didn't like the dark colours so I used bright ones. If we would all do the same it would be so boooooooooooooooooooring :D :D :D

works4me 05-24-2014 05:03 PM

Very true.

carriem 05-24-2014 05:15 PM

works4me--a couple more very nice blocks this weekend!

QuiltE 05-25-2014 04:50 AM

W4Me ... Your FC choices are indeed appropriate ........ just can't imagine a galloping horse across this Halloween wonder. Such a relief when a block comes out to perfect sizing! And not only that, but this one is perfect for looks too!!

Yes, save those scraps ... sometimes for another block in the same quilt, or sometimes for a new project! (new project? ... your Mustang Sally? or?)