Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 40 (WOW!) Sheep Fold & Star of Hope Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-40-wow-sheep-fold-star-hope-discussion-page-t202794.html)

dublb 10-10-2012 03:48 PM

GG, it's gonna be wonderful. I think if ya use a tiny connectin' strip it will not change the look very much. I can't wait till ya finish it so I can see how it comes out. :)

carriem 10-10-2012 04:22 PM

WOW Ggal! You have been busy with all those "in between" blocks! They look so pretty. I am with Bev...I think you can use a narrow strip between and still get the same effect. Can't wait to see it all together!

I am looking forward to some sewing time tomorrow. I will finish getting the blocks together for a table runner and border on...will wait to quilt it until the weekend. Then am going to get a few more PC blocks done. :) I have time to sew the next three days....haven't had much since last Friday so am looking forward to it!

Honchey 10-10-2012 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i just wanted to show you guys the jelly roll quilt I donated to my niece's Tricky Tray on Friday ....

janRN 10-10-2012 05:01 PM

How cute is that, Anne!! I bet your niece loves it.

QuiltE 10-10-2012 05:01 PM

Nicely done, Honchey!!!
How kind of you to donate to help the Scouts.

But what is Tricky Tray?

carriem 10-10-2012 05:05 PM

Honchey--I like how that turned out especially with the black squares between the strips. I will definitely be doing that the next time I make one of these quilts!

Honchey 10-10-2012 06:08 PM

Thanks for the compliments....Actually, the squares are a chocolate brown with blue accents and every seam is dtitched in the ditch....no FM for me yet...it measures 50" x 70"... ahhhh, a tricky tray is a chinese auction...which is a whole bunch of gifts on a table with a little container in front of it ...you purchase a card that has let's say 20 or 30 tabs with a # on it....you tear off a tab and put it in the container and hope your ticket gets pulled for that gift...they also have tables set up for gifts that are higher in cost and you have to purchase different tickets for them...they have door prizes also.... All the gifts are donated....It's a fun night out...being that it's my niece sponsering it I have to attend...it's about 90 miles away and I'm sleeping over so I know I'm going to have fun...all the women in our family will be there to support her...All I have to do is sign the quilt..I need a pigma pen to do that..I will get it at work tomorrow...

dublb 10-10-2012 06:15 PM

What is a Tricky Tray, Hounchey? Your quilt is so cute.
Oops, Ya already answered.
It sounds like ya are gonna have a great time.

oksewglad 10-10-2012 06:35 PM

What a nice quilt--I like the dark squares too, Anne. Feels good when one donates to a good cause.

JeanieG 10-10-2012 07:50 PM

The orange in the quilt really makes it "pop". I also like the square you added, I've not seen one with them in it before. You will get a lot of tickets for this one Anne!