Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 5 Blocks "Best of All & Best Friend" PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-5-blocks-best-all-best-friend-photo-page-t177705.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2012 11:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Be & Bf, photos of the past:[ATTACH=CONFIG]308919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]308920[/ATTACH]Bestofall: our two daughters, back in time to 1972, when Cindy, age one, and Samatha, age three, became cowgirls on my saddlebred mare, Strawberry. Why Strawberry? Because she trod into the patch on our first ride together. Bf is again back into time, 1962,with the Tisue children and others aboard.

QuiltE 02-04-2012 11:34 AM

Oh QNSue ... this is going to be an even more special quilt for you as you add these pics!
I'm so excited for you ... and can't wait to see more ... and more!
Me? I could only add in cow portraits! :)

JeanieG 02-04-2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 4942272)
Be & Bf, photos of the past:[ATTACH=CONFIG]308919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]308920[/ATTACH]Bestofall: our two daughters, back in time to 1972, when Cindy, age one, and Samatha, age three, became cowgirls on my saddlebred mare, Strawberry. Why Strawberry? Because she trod into the patch on our first ride together. Bf is again back into time, 1962,with the Tisue children and others aboard.

OMG QNS, that is such a wonderful idea putting your photos into the quilt blocks. This will make it super special, for sure! Beautiful fabric and workmanship too! WTG!!!

dublb 02-04-2012 11:53 AM

I love it that you used those picts!!!! Great blocks!!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2012 12:37 PM

Oh, on the best of all picture, the 'baby spurs" are hand painted on the print. I could not find any spur fabric, so I used my paint pens. American spurs were "blut" and Mexican spurs were sharp on the ends. They either were fastened on by a leather strap, or fitted on to be tight around the ankle to stay on. If you wanted to sneak up on Cookie at the chuck wagon, you took your spurs off so the "jingle" of the rowels would not give you away.

Rodeo cowboys who ride the bucking broncos are scored on how they spur their bronc during their ride.

dublb 02-04-2012 12:48 PM

Your are so smart. If ya can't find it, make it! :thumbup:

oksewglad 02-04-2012 01:12 PM

Oh more new blocks: Jeanie love how the horses seem to be coming out of the center in 1st and then the sedate green pastoral scene. Nice contrast between the two.
Yeah dublb, no one will notice the frog stitchin'
QNSue you are the mother of invention!! If it were me drawing those spurs they'd look like kindergarten snowflakes. Two very special blocks. Thanks for the spur "talk". Some of us just love to learn more.

mirabelle 02-04-2012 02:28 PM

QuiltingNinaSue I love how you are incorporating old photos into your quilt blocks. What a wonderful way to document your family history

janRN 02-04-2012 02:45 PM

Wonderful blocks, QNS-what a neat way to make a very special quilt. I love your photos and your teaching--I hope you're writing these things down to keep with your quilt. You have a way with words----and fabric! Just love those blocks.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2012 05:30 PM

Thank you all for your kind comments!! (blush!!) Love the fellow trail riders on this pony ride. Yes, there will be more photos in the future blocks and stories. And recipes.