Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 08-21-2016 10:59 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Rain, rain... please stop!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556431[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556432[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556433[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556434[/ATTACH]

They are everywhere! Never had the bright red ones before.

Honchey 08-21-2016 05:00 PM

I would love the little red ones for my fairy garden in NC..They are so cute..

oksewglad 08-21-2016 05:14 PM

Yup...those mushrooms are pretty....

Have the current UFO under needle...just straight stitching on the diagonal...should be a warm one with flannel backing...then going to sandwich another UFO...doesn't do any good unfinished...have a good night...

dublb 08-21-2016 05:14 PM

We went to Houston for the weekend. Well, Kingwood actually. A northeastern suburb of Houston. It is where DD lives. We did have a real nice visit. I for got my laptop though. :( I wasn't able to find the QB on my IPhone either. Sigh, I missed ya'll. I sure did loved seeing the FWS & PC quilts that ya'll reposted. I sure do wnat to get back to my PC.

I sure want to post HUGGS & Prayers for you GrannyQ. This has been a long haul for you my DF.

givio 08-22-2016 06:23 AM

SBG! I've never seen those little red mushrooms, except in pictures. How fun to see them in person! Where is the gnome? Too shy to be in the shot? :-) The last ones pictured, under the leaves, look like edible ones-- but I'm always afraid to eat a mushroom that I didn't buy from the store.
OK, just flannel on the back, or did you use a batting too? Thanks for your encouragement: "doesn't do any good unfinished." I suppose tops would still be a joy to someone to receive, but anyway, it did seem like an encouraging remark to me. :-)

sewbizgirl 08-22-2016 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7633276)
SBG! I've never seen those little red mushrooms, except in pictures. How fun to see them in person! Where is the gnome? Too shy to be in the shot? :-)

I know! I expected to hear the smurf song any minute... Very surprised to see these bright red shrooms in their own little forrest. One had a little nibble out of it, like a deer tried to eat it but after one bite, left it alone!

Good morning everyone... Youngest son surprised us with a visit home last night! He moved to Memphis two weeks ago but took today off so he could come home and take care of some business and get more of his stuff to take up there. Great surprise! Been missing him.

Hope everyone enjoys this day in their own way.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-22-2016 02:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cute little mushrooms! I do not pick up mushrooms anywhere but the grocery store.. . just to be safe.

Progress in QR. Labeled and displayed totes will help find that elusive fabric project.[ATTACH=CONFIG]556549[/ATTACH]Left side of the empty shelves are Dh's to use.

My first FW quilt the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt we called FWSQ:[ATTACH=CONFIG]556550[/ATTACH]half of it hangs down on the living room wall. Top is the scene of the farm, and the foot end has a fence. Wil try in week or so, to scan the official professional photo view of the whole quilt to show all 141 blocks here.

oksewglad 08-22-2016 03:17 PM

Look at that empty space......

givio, I put a lightweight batting with the flannel...we have cold winters in Iowa...plus our extra bedrooms are in the walkout basement and tends to be colder down there...need to keep the Grands warm when they come to visit....feel like a long day at work...going g to put my feet up and veg for a while....

sewbizgirl 08-22-2016 03:25 PM

Nina Sue, what a pretty quilt! Gorgeous colors and patterns. Your farm and fence are great touches.

givio 08-23-2016 05:32 AM

QNS, I love all the colors in your FWS quilt. Your binding looks so perfect and professional. Are you going to set your new blocks the same way? I like how you used the cornerstone fabric for the outside triangles, and the center stands out on that light color. Very nice.