Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JeanieG 01-31-2019 12:02 PM

Yay for your phone. That is actually pretty amazing that you got it to work!!!

dublb 01-31-2019 03:04 PM

OH & the new phone came in this evening. It does fit in my pocket & isn't any wider so my li'le hands will fit around it. The programs aren't to different as I went from an IPhone SE to an IPhone 7. I will have to get used to a few differences but not a too many.

dublb 01-31-2019 03:21 PM

OH & the new phone came in this evening. It does fit in my pocket & isn't any wider so my li'le hands will fit around it. The programs aren't to different as I went from an IPhone SE to an IPhone 7. I will have to get used to a few differences but not a too many. I guess that my mind had already accepted that I was gonna get a new phone so I am gonna go w/the new one. (I usually am very resistant to changing technology. I know what I know.) I do understand that it has a better camera. It is charging now so I will be able to play w/it later.

JeanieG 01-31-2019 05:19 PM

I have the SE and chose it because of its small size. Joe has the IPhone 7, and it does indeed take better pictures. We used it on our trip for all are photos!

sewbizgirl 01-31-2019 08:00 PM

I use the IPhone 6 Plus. It’s big screen is easier to read, but it’s really too big for my hand. It’s a two-handed phone. I drop it a lot.

I love the camera! I take all my pictures with it.

dublb 02-02-2019 06:19 AM

I think I am slowly getting used to using my new phone. It still feels big in my hand.

DGD spent the night. We watched The Court Jester w/Danny Kaye. I loooove that movie. :)

JeanieG 02-02-2019 11:15 AM

Lots of rain here today, through the night too. Highway 101 our main coastal highway closed up by Santa Barbara. Bad wreck on I5 too. We are just not use to this much rainfall. Last year at this time we had under 2", now close to 12" for the year. It will really help our lakes, after the past drought we have had.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-03-2019 01:50 PM

Most of snow is gone; and is mud now. There is mud and ice. We step carefully.

Bad news: my quilting friend SJ died on the evening of the January 29th and not one person contacted me. Her daughters had a Thanksgiving here at one time and we traveled miles together. She survived cancer treatment and all but a routine operation failed, bowel was cut exposing her system and she did not come out of it. I am in shock when I finally heard the news this morning. Tell your friends how much you appreciate them every day...time goes by all too soon.

JeanieG 02-03-2019 02:04 PM

So sorry about your friend QNS! How awful to hear the news so late! You just never know when your time will be up!

dublb 02-03-2019 02:41 PM

Oh I'm so sorry Sue! Huggs & Prayers. I will say that when my DFIL & (Latter DMIL) died, we were in such a state of grieving that we forgot to contact a lotta people. Eventually we thought we'd convert DMIL's phone number into a cell # so when someone called to talk to one of 'em we could inform them about the death's. (It is still DH's cell phone number.) Most people don't think about doing something like that.