Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JeanieG 01-04-2020 04:05 PM

Yay - got a notification!!! LOL

sewbizgirl 01-04-2020 04:14 PM

Hello everyone! Bev, I love the black background on your IC, and the bluebonnets....

I was photographing an antique IC today. I got two fabulous antique (or maybe just collectable) quilt tops at an estate sale a week ago. I laid them out on the bed and they are stunning. Wanna see? The one with red sashing (8 hands around) is all hand pieced! and the fabrics have the holes from coming from feedsacks. The white double Irish chain is maybe two decades younger than the feed sack quilt, but still old and classic. Here they are:

Ok, maybe not. I posted pics earlier but maybe need to go back to the drawing board to figure out how I did it. Will post when I can figure the pictures thing out again.

oksewglad 01-04-2020 04:14 PM

I have lost my notification of new posts on this thread...I resubscribed, but that still didn't help...oh well I will just have to hunt you guys down!

QuiltnNan 01-04-2020 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 8347561)
Well I posted my pict from Flicker. It take a bit to get my picts onto flicker but once I have 'em there it is just a matter of copying & pasting a link. There are a few other places that I go to that require me to use Flicker so I already have 'em in there.

When you paste a pic from Flikr or other external pic host, and then you move or delete the original pic, the pic will also disappear from here. It is not recommended

dublb 01-04-2020 07:43 PM

Hmmm I hadn't thought of that. I'll reconsider using Flicker.

dublb 01-06-2020 04:12 PM

I did some sewing yesterday. I got the columns of the Bluebonnet IC (sans the border blocks) sewn yesterday. I also did some strip sets as an ender & leader project. There won't be any more sewing going on till the weekend. We are rearranging the house. We are gonna turn the den into a breakfast area so we moved all of that stuff out & moved some other stuff into the living roon. The sectional went into storage. We are gonna paint the new breakfast room starting tomarrow.

oksewglad 01-06-2020 04:56 PM

Sounds like an upheaval at your house, Bev...but bet you will love that breakfast area...still sewing on triangles. Got the tumbler quilt mailed and forgot that I hadn't taken a picture..oh well.

carriem 01-06-2020 05:55 PM

I finished getting the t-shirt blocks cut/interfaced and bought the sashing, borders and binding fabrics today. Also the fabric for the ballet slipper paper pieced blocks...hoping these go together easier than they look...there are some pretty small pieces of fabrics!! Good thing I like pp'ing. :) My goal is to iron/cut sashing fabrics tomorrow morning before taking DMIL to an appt. Then rest of the week I'll work on the pp blocks as I have time...

Bev it is always nice to sneak in a little sewing before a big house project takes place. Hope everything goes well with the painting/reorganizing.

givio 01-06-2020 07:29 PM

dublb, hey! I saw your Irish Chain picture! It's beeeeuutiful! My goodness, with the changes to QB, I have missed seeing a lot of pictures. I don't know if it's how they are posted, or how I am viewing?

SBG, sorry to read your pictures of your vintage quilts didn't show up. I'll look forward to seeing them...

I haven't been sewing lately. I hope to get a return of some energy and motivation soon and begin again where I left off.

sewbizgirl 01-07-2020 07:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Trying again to show pics of the two vintage quilt tops I found... The one with red sashing was hand pieced!