Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

dublb 12-02-2016 09:10 PM

When I do QAYG in columns I use fusible batting & sew the batting in at the same time as I sew the top & back. I did a couple of small quilts that way & am getting ready to do my king size scrappy quilt. I am in the process of sewing the columns. I only have 2.5 columns to do then I will start the sandwiching & quilting of the columns. My goal right now is to get the columns done before we close on the Midland house next Tues. I will quilt it in Brady.

sewbizgirl 12-02-2016 09:36 PM

Good luck on your house closing, Bev!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-04-2016 06:49 AM

Sbg, like your avator (misspelled?) picture.

We have snow....snow and snow. Light dusting of snow, heavy enough to track animals. Cold enough nad wet that Mega came back into the house after a quick trip out to check up on things. Smart cat.

More QR work today. . . maybe have progress????!!!

Take care everyone.

sewbizgirl 12-04-2016 09:51 AM

I envy your snow... a little bit. We have had two days of rain. It feels so cold and chilly like it should be snow.

Nice quiet day today. Christmas program at the church tonight...

oksewglad 12-04-2016 10:55 AM

Finally a closing dublb....and soon time for more quilting...there is a balance.

MrOK is on he road today...left early a.m. and has driven in wet snow the whole time...didn't have travel companions the first 3 1/2 hours...sure he passed the keys onto as soon as possible...not so worried now that its light out and he's not alone..snow has quit, but have 3-4" on the ground...Grands made a couple of snowmen...couldn't sled down the hill...no sleds...Will have to get early Christmas gifts..

Just got a call from MrOK...he's been on the road since before 5:00....8 hours of scrappy roads even on Interstate...

sewbizgirl 12-04-2016 01:20 PM

Hope Mr. OK is safe.

When I was a kid my favorite sled was a big fiberglass disc called a "Flying Saucer". Remember those? Mine was orange and I couldn't have survived my childhood winters without it. It flew down the hill even on wet snow.

oksewglad 12-04-2016 01:31 PM

The Flying saucers aren't as durable as they used to be...I grew up with an aluminum one...the plastic ones now crack and break...gotta go remake my fudge..couldn't figure out why it wouldn't set up...only put in 1 c of sugar instead of 3...I have some nice frosting with nuts....

sewbizgirl 12-04-2016 05:59 PM

My FS was thick fiberglass. It hit many a tree at full speed, believe me, and never cracked! :D

givio 12-04-2016 06:07 PM

We have the ground covered with about 3" snow. It's not December without snow!
My flying saucer was fiberglass too. You could see the little strands of fibers all glued together. It was a little rough, like a pin-wale corduroy fabric, but not straight lines, short little fibers all over whichy-way, like a bale of straw. It was red.

dublb 12-07-2016 07:32 PM

I now reside in Brady. We closed on the Midland house on Tues & left town at about 1 or 1:30. I did have tears flowing down my cheeks till about the half way point. DH drove the Tundra & I drove the Sequoia. Both were packed to the hilt. We also had both dogs & the cat w/us. I was smart enough to have the cat in the cat carrier & in in the truck w/me. DH had the dogs in his truck.
OH, there is just so much to do! Boxes all over the house. Trying to get closets arranged is crazy. I spent most of today getting my long sleeve shirts outta the cedar chest & hung up. Then getting all the short sleeve shirts folded & put in the cedar chest. I also did several loads of laundry. Still have a ton of laundry to do.
I would love to have a BBQ in the early spring & invite everyone from the HOA. It is too cold to do it now!