Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club week 18 Flying Clouds & Friendship Star Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-18-flying-clouds-friendship-star-discussion-page-t188380.html)

JeanieG 05-15-2012 08:42 PM

Congrats to both QuiltE and Mirabelle on the finish of their FWS quilts. Isn't it just the greatest feeling to finally finish up a project of this size? Now onto new projects! That is what is fun, there is always something else to take the place of the one we finish!

mirabelle 05-16-2012 03:56 AM

JeanieG thanks for the info, I did print it off when you explained it on another thread. I have another quilt that needs quilting so might do it on the weekend. 3 sections then the border. We will see how much greyer I get :D

Termi 05-16-2012 07:47 AM

Oh mirabelle, your quilt is gorgeous!!!! The colors are beautiful and I like how you used white in it. Really makes the colors pop. Congratulations on finishing it!

QuiltE 05-16-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5220041)
Congrats to both QuiltE and Mirabelle on the finish of their FWS quilts. Isn't it just the greatest feeling to finally finish up a project of this size? Now onto new projects! That is what is fun, there is always something else to take the place of the one we finish!

Thanks
JeanieG ... it certainly is a wonderful feeling. As for "new" projects ... I'm trying to NOT do that!!! Focusing on those PUPpies for awhile ... at least till the end of the month when the LQS' UFO Challenge is finished! I certainly won't have all the PUPs done, but there'll be fewer left than there were a month ago!!!! This FWS certainly has been my biggest quilting commitment and finish to date!

Many Many THANKS to
Everyone for being there to cheer me on, and motivate me to keep at it to the end!!! You've been "Friends" beyond belief!

QuiltE 05-17-2012 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Skirt hangers and a deck railing to the rescue!!!
Until today I'd never thought of this being a good place for photo ops!
To the left my house (walk out basement, so thethe deck behind the quilt is raised, yet attached to the main floor. Immediately to the right there's a narrow path next to the raised deck (storage underneath) and then it immediately slopes as it becomes the bush.
Just one picture here, and I'll post more over on the Completed thread, so you can see more of the detail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336052[/ATTACH]

grannyrae 05-17-2012 05:13 PM

Beautiful QuiltE. Love the green with the tan setting triangles, frames it perfectly.

JeanieG 05-17-2012 06:58 PM

Wow, words do not describe how beautiful that quilt is QuiltE. I just love it! You deserve to be proud of that work of art!

dublb 05-17-2012 07:45 PM

OMGosh, It's beautiful! Words can't describe how wonderful it is. A work o' Art.:thumbup:

wendiq 05-18-2012 06:52 AM

QUILTE Your quilt is just plain "stunning". Your color choices for the setting triangles and cornerstones along with that rich green is the perfect setting for some pretty perfect blocks. And I love your "new" hanging area.....sure sets the green off well.......kind of "back to nature".....:)! I'm sure you have told us, but again please.....the finished size??? Will you use this on a bed or hang it or (heavens)give it away?

oksewglad 05-18-2012 11:01 AM

Perfect setting for a perfect quilt!! Just delightful.