Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Week 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-7-bright-hopes-birds-eye-view-photo-page-t179420.html)

oksewglad 02-17-2012 04:56 PM

Oh I hate it when I'm not the first one to see a new set of pics!! Everyone takes the words right outta my head!! So ditto to all of the above comments, Jeanie.

mirabelle 02-17-2012 10:26 PM

What beautiful blocks everyone, and thank you for your kind words. QuiltingNinaSue, we had friends who openly took bets at our wedding that we would not last 6 months, and yes there was a lot of speculation as to the haste of our wedding. We met, 3 months later he proposed and 3 months later we were married, then we waited 3 1/2 years for our DS to arrive. We have our "rules".... never go to bed angry, never raise your voice at each other and talk to each other, no secrets in this house

oksewglad 02-17-2012 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4985161)
What beautiful blocks everyone, and thank you for your kind words. QuiltingNinaSue, we had friends who openly took bets at our wedding that we would not last 6 months, and yes there was a lot of speculation as to the haste of our wedding. We met, 3 months later he proposed and 3 months later we were married, then we waited 3 1/2 years for our DS to arrive. We have our "rules".... never go to bed angry, never raise your voice at each other and talk to each other, no secrets in this house

Sounds like great rules to abide by and made your marriage successful. Congratulations. DH said we were out to beat the odds; 40 years later still married.

wendiq 02-18-2012 07:13 AM

JeanieG....Your blocks really look like "ranch life". I like them.....:) In fact, I like all the blocks. Love to see each individual interpretation.......

QuiltE 02-18-2012 07:15 AM

I'm so happy for all you LoveBirds!!
ENJOY every moment of each other, while you can!!!!!!!!
And celebrate them all ... come to think of it
MiraB is keeping that underwraps, pretty good! :)

ArteEmCasa 02-18-2012 01:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks!!
Everybody here seems to have the perfect fabric for their blocks.
I am wondering how unique each quilt will be when done.
As the blocks for this week were quick ones, I was able to caught up.
Now I am up with my blocks.
I'm not pretty happy with Bird Eye's View, but it is done and I'll keep it as it was.
Here are my blocks for this week:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]313263[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]313264[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 02-18-2012 01:57 PM

ArtEC ... why would you not be happy with your Bird's Eye View? You've done a great job .... nice fabric and contrast ... and oh so smooth and round. Great fabric choices for Bright Hopes .... historical farm fabric and the corn? wheat? or what is it? is a perfect mix 'n match!

Better guard those two fabrics with your life ...
OKSGlad and I might sneak in and steal those two when you're snoozing! :)

stampinteresa 02-18-2012 02:23 PM

I am not doing this club; but would love the block measurements for the squares and rectangles. Thanks Teresa

mirabelle 02-18-2012 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by stampinteresa (Post 4986681)
I am not doing this club; but would love the block measurements for the squares and rectangles. Thanks Teresa

We are all working from the Pony Club book by Laurie Aaron Hird, each of us has their own book, which comes with a CD complete with templates and PP instructions, the book can be purchased directly from Laurie at her website.

janRN 02-18-2012 02:46 PM

Arte, I love your blocks. The blue and yellow look so nice ( I don't use enough yellow) and I love the farm scene fabric in Bright Hopes. Very, very pretty.