Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club WK 20 Girl's Joy & Grandmother's Favorite Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-20-girls-joy-grandmothers-favorite-discussion-page-t189751.html)

deranged_damsel 05-23-2012 05:00 PM

WendiQ I think everyone feels Obsolete at one time or another, I know that groups like this keep me going... seven years ago when I lost my son I survived on the thought that there are others out there that understand... last week I was handed a life sentence concerning my health; Quilting and this group is the only think keeping me sane right now.

If quilting is what you love and value in life then keep doing it, there isnt always recognition for your efforts, so do it for YOU and nobody else. maybe you can find the joy again.

well wishes to all :D

QuiltE 05-23-2012 05:15 PM

oooooooooh DDamsel ... yours brought tears to my eyes. Quilt all you can DDamsel and let it help you work thru this wicked blow. My ♥ goes out to you and to let you know that in this difficult time, there is once again, others here who do understand a little of what you are facing. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

JeanieG 05-23-2012 05:55 PM

WendiQ and Deranged - I am feeling so sad for both of you right now. Know that my thoughts and prays are for both of you and there is a special place in my heart for you!

grannyrae 05-23-2012 06:08 PM

I dont post very often but read these threads every morning. Feel I know you all and my heart goes out to you, God Bless

dublb 05-23-2012 07:44 PM

OMG! My heart is breakin' for ya'll!
Don't forget that we're here for both of ya'll.
Wendie - We need ya! We need your contribution & since of style. Your versions of the blocks are so nice! Please just quilt for yourself.
DD - Your losses are great! Ya did say that you were at your parents house now didn't ya? Are ya still there? I'm so glad that you're still quiltin'!

How else can we help ya'll????

Quiltin' got me through the hard time of loosin' my DF & DFIL 9 day's apart, while my DMIL was fallin' deep into Alzheimer's. I didn't even start mournin' for 6 months 'cause DMIL lived w/us durrin' that time. It's been 3 years but I'm just now comin' out from under that cloud of mourning.

mirabelle 05-23-2012 10:45 PM

There is not much else to say to you WendiQ and DD that hasn't already been said. When we moved to this small town 8 years ago both my DH and DS worked away and I was home alone. I had retired early and had no plans to return to work. Quilting is what kept me sane, I am now known locally as "that woman who is always quilting". Well yes I am and proud of it. Due to long ago circumstances there is only my DH, DS and DD and myself and they have lots of quilts but I plan on making them lots more and when I am asked what I do with them all I alway reply "they insulate my home"
I became involved with a wonderful group of ladies in the next town and they inspired me to make charity quilts and it has certainly made me feel as if I am useful in some way.
Please stay connected with us, it doesn't matter if we live in the same street or state or even countr,y there will always be someone here ready to listen and offer words of encouragement

wendiq 05-24-2012 06:08 AM

You all are so kind and have said so many kind and caring things. DD, I am so concerned for you.....and so sorry, but as some have suggested....we do what we can and then find out we are a lot stronger than we thought. I wish you peace and strength....
I will continue to hang out here as I truly am inspired by all of you. As you know, I definitely love your life styles. And I will definitely continue to quilt, both for myself and my various chosen charities.
I'm just going through a mental rough spot right now, but I'll be fine. Just need to readjust my thinking. It's so darn hard to grow older and it's hard not to be closer geographically to the family. I do have, thank God, a good relationship with my kids......grandkids? It's not bad, just not there....I live too far away and I'm just a name, face and an occasional visitor and giver(although I find the manners of acceptance sadly missing)I'm sure many of you have the same situation and understand where I am coming from.
I'm not sure when I will get my finished blocks together but when I do, I will share them with you......
Thank you all, for your virtual friendship.....:)

deranged_damsel 05-24-2012 08:58 AM

AWE you all are the best :D
dont worry about little ol me so much, am one tough BITCH :D :D :D

dublb 05-24-2012 08:59 AM

Isn't that why we all joined this forum? Ta fine more people who understand us? We are all here for ya'll & I know that Ya'll are here for me.

Oh DD, Ya posted while I was typin'.
:D You have a good attitude but we are still here for ya. {Hugg}

grannyQ 05-24-2012 11:13 AM

WendiQ, sorry you are having a bad time, I'm right there with you on the 74 years, so I know some days can be very difficult, So we have to keep the Q's in our names on the quilting for ourselves.
DD--sorry to hear you are having problems, but know everyone is praying for both of you.