Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club WK 20 Girl's Joy & Grandmother's Favorite Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-20-girls-joy-grandmothers-favorite-discussion-page-t189751.html)

QuiltE 05-24-2012 06:09 PM

Atta Girl, WendiQ ... you stick it out here, and we'll help you step out of that funk!

DDamsel ... an incredible attitude you have, though I'm sure you are crying on the inside. Quilt! Quilt! Quilt!

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5240060)
Isn't that why we all joined this forum? Ta find more people who understand us? We are all here for ya'll & I know that Ya'll are here for me.

Well Said, DublB .... We maybe didn't realize it when we joined the QB that we were seeking others who understood us but gosh, I think you hit the nail on the head, as I think it was there underneath! What a joy it has been for me to get to know all of you, and become virtual friends.

Whether with family around us, or not ... we each have our "story" as to how quilting has been there to comfort us in good times and not so good. Particularly during the difficult times and how it has helped us work thru our troubles and sorrows. Funny how so many of us admit to it keeping us sane! Here's another take for everyone .... A standard joke with one of my friends ... quilting keeps me off the streets! :)

I know that when I sit and sew, I can lose myself in it and escape the rest of life for awhile. It truly takes me to my happy place!

Bless Each and Everyone One of YOU!!!!!!!

janRN 05-25-2012 02:58 AM

Right back at you, QE. Since January this board has been my "safe place"; I can come here and tell you all what's been happening and why I can't be as active a participant as I'd like and no one feels hurt or gets upset with me. You all have helped me so much; I hope I can return the favor to someone else.
Had fun on Gracie frame yesterday (you can teach an old dog new tricks!) but today back to reality--off to work!

gardnergal970 05-25-2012 05:38 AM

I posted this on another thread but it's worth repeating here. Last week I had so much to do in the yard, etc before I left for Texas that I had several days I couldn't sew. This Monday I went to class and started sewing and I had to just stop and say how good it felt to be sitting there sewing. I guess in the end, it doesn't really matter who gets the quilts, I get the pleasure of listening to my machine hum and seeing beautiful things come to life in my little space. Quilting is mostly for me and my pleasure even when it overflows into the lives of those I love.

deranged_damsel 05-25-2012 09:34 AM

QuiltE I will have to remember that one!

TRUE! quilting keeps me sane :D but only a little bit :D now you know the answer to the most asked question... "is she actually Deranged?" LOL

QuiltE 05-25-2012 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 5242325)

TRUE! quilting keeps me sane :D but only a little bit :D now you know the answer to the most asked question... "is she actually Deranged?" LOL

ha! ... here's a *giggle* to add to yours .... My siblings and I used to often say ... "I guess that's my alzheimers kicking in" and took it with jest, as our Mother had alzheimers. I'd often said the same in non-family situations, and one day, I was asked "do you really have alzheimers, your meds must be doing wonders" ... OOPS!!! :) I explained, and from then on was a little more cautious as to when or if I said that again!

dublb 05-25-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5242334)
ha! ... here's a *giggle* to add to yours .... My siblings and I used to often say ... "I guess that's my alzheimers kicking in" and took it with jest, as our Mother had alzheimers. I'd often said the same in non-family situations, and one day, I was asked "do you really have alzheimers, your meds must be doing wonders" ... OOPS!!! :) I explained, and from then on was a little more cautious as to when or if I said that again!

:) Laughter is the best medicine! You have a great way ta deal w/the hard time of alzheimers!

dublb 05-25-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel (Post 5242325)

The definition on insanity ..."cuttin' up fabric into little pieces & sewin' 'em back tagether!" We are all a little insane.:D I love your attitude!

QuiltE 05-25-2012 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5242379)

:) Laughter is the best medicine! You have a great way ta deal w/the hard time of alzheimers!

While taking it serious ... you do have to have a little laughter amidst it all ... in order to survive it, yourself.

She's long gone, 17 yrs now, though I have a very vivid memory of the wicked effects alzheimers had on her. And too, there's no sense in fighting it ... the one who has been victimized, cannot change it, nor heal from it. Granted there are meds now that can do wonders, that were not available at the time for our Mother.

I believe you face this all the time
DublB with your MIL, so for you and others who are dealing with it, my ♥ goes out to you and prayers sent.

dublb 05-25-2012 12:22 PM

Thank You! Your prayers are much appreciated! I do have my DMIL at a wonderful place. It's at a 5 bedroom house, w/a 11 person max capacity. We have her in a private room. She doesn't feel that she is in a "home." I go & see her regularly & do her hair. She doesn't know anyone anymore. 2 weeks ago she said that she was goin' ta hit me, yesterday she told me that she loves me.

QuiltE 05-25-2012 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5242592)
Thank You! Your prayers are much appreciated! I do have my DMIL at a wonderful place. It's at a 5 bedroom house, w/a 11 person max capacity. We have her in a private room. She doesn't feel that she is in a "home." I go & see her regularly & do her hair. She doesn't know anyone anymore. 2 weeks ago she said that she was goin' ta hit me, yesterday she told me that she loves me.

Oh so sad ... just try to remember her as she was, not as what she has become. And remember that this new person is not your DMIL!