Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club WK 21 Blocks Gold Nuggets & Gretchen Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-21-blocks-gold-nuggets-gretchen-photo-page-t190338.html)

grannyQ 05-30-2012 06:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Carriem, so nice to hear you have someone who is sewing, my girls used to in 4H, but not anymore.
All the blocks are very pretty. It would be hard to pick a favorite.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]338967[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]338968[/ATTACH]
Here are mine for the week. My gold nuggets are pretty blaw, but I'm leaving it.

dublb 05-30-2012 06:20 PM

OH, oh, oh! It's eye candy day!
Honchey - Beautiful landscape!
Carrie - I knew these were yours before lookin' at your name! Beautiful Blocks!
QNS - Ya know how I feel about those patriotic fabric! Awesome Golden Nuggets. Great Grettchen.
Jeannie - Congratulations on your separation from your seam ripper. I can't seam ta leave mine alone. I love the contrast in your blocks!
Meribelle - Love your fabric choices! Great blocks!It's good that ya got ta go down quiltin' memory lane. Isn't Gretchen the same block as Hunter's star.
DD - All your blocks look great w/ that barbed wire, & these are no exception. Lovely!

dublb 05-30-2012 06:27 PM

GrannieQ - Those are Beautiful blocks. I knew they were yours as soon as I saw 'em.

Termi 05-31-2012 06:24 AM

grannyQ, great job on those blocks!! Nice points and blue color.

Termi 05-31-2012 11:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I've got mine done. They went pretty well.

carriem 05-31-2012 12:00 PM

GrannyQ and Termi...both have great blocks!

I really like the Gretchen block...it would make a very nice quilt.

oksewglad 05-31-2012 06:57 PM

A great start to this week's blocks, Honchey--great fabric placement with the cows in the pasture.
Carrie--top notch blocks, especially like the Gretchen
QNS--FC the eagles --fantastic; and a great Gretchen. My FIL made a couple of door knockers with them.
Jeanie--the simple setting in the nuggest focuses on the heart of the block. Wonderful red contrast in Gretchen.
mirabelle--such a lovely fabric combo in the gol--I mean Red nugget. One thinkg about little pics exploding into larger ones one can really see your great piecing!!
DD--oh those straight barbs shine through again. Have you decided on a border yet?
GrannyQ--another buttery blue. Gretchen has such a sharp contrast, too.
Termi--I think your blocks are my favorite this week. I love the transition from wood (fence) to apples to trees (orchard) with the horses set in the sides. And a cute floral that is so well matched with the gold in Gretchen.

Such a sugar rush, gals!--Guess I need some broccoli to calm it down!!!

JeanieG 05-31-2012 09:25 PM

Great blocks again this week Termi!

dublb 05-31-2012 11:49 PM

Termi - Such lovely blocks! Great contrast in Gretchen & a nice landscape for Gold Nuggets. :thumbup:

mirabelle 06-01-2012 04:18 AM

Beautiful blocks Termi