Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club WK 21 Blocks Gold Nuggets & Gretchen Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-21-blocks-gold-nuggets-gretchen-photo-page-t190338.html)

Anael 07-09-2012 02:15 AM

LOL yes, the second one gives over 10 quilts! And YES, I love all the helpers! So many good ideas here from my quilting friends :D

QuiltE 07-09-2012 03:46 AM

Are you sure you're not saying? ........ pests! :D

It'd sure help as a scrap buster!

Anael 07-09-2012 05:19 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm not saying that! I started with one of them already, 8 Ponyblocks, blue and a flowery fabric. Will take a pic as soon as the top is ready, maybe without borders. I have to think what to use for borders.

oksewglad 07-09-2012 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow you are going to be the first one done with a PC quilt Anael!! Share with us when you get it together.
Yup, I figured the horizontal layout is what you meant, QE. I threw in the on point to help showcase those on point blocks. Here's another on point that takes 9 blocks--vertical borders are 4" each and horizontal are 6" to give an overall measurement 51 x 59.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347666[/ATTACH]

Anael 07-09-2012 07:14 AM

Did you put those quilts together already oksewglad? I like the blocks on point too, makes them so different! I'll try that too!

oksewglad 07-09-2012 08:49 AM

Oh sure you betcha I did! In my EQ7! LOL :D I scan my blocks onto my computer and then transfer the image into Electric Quilt. I then have pictures of my blocks to play with in EQ. I had to get a new printer and the new scanner scans blocks in lighter values than the old one. Not sure if it will make any difference when I play around with actual layouts for the final quilt. I'm not going to worry about it.

dublb 07-09-2012 09:47 AM

Oh Aneal we are all so very excited for ya!!! You are gonna make the first PC quilts & then use 'em ta help people who need your love! Awesome. Ya go girl!!!!

QuiltE 07-09-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5350248)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm not saying that! I started with one of them already, 8 Ponyblocks, blue and a flowery fabric. Will take a pic as soon as the top is ready, maybe without borders. I have to think what to use for borders.

Wheeeeeeeee ..... the lady goes on holidays and comes back super-charged for quilting!!
Exciiiiiiiiiting!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anael 07-09-2012 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the first quilt, with only one border. I need some advice on what to use on the outer border. So please, any suggestions? Don't mention brown please as I don't have any brown fabric!
The blue flower fabric is from one of our dear friends :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]347747[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 07-09-2012 10:09 AM

Whopee for Anael! Hip hip hooray!
Are you going to tie or quilt this? A quick, sturdy way would be to use a double needle and 2 threads and sew a diagonal line through the light blue blocks--then be a little more creative in the pieced and darker blue squares.

How about something red to brighten the blues--no wait a minute try a yellow.