Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-9-childrens-delight-county-fair-photo-page-t181060.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-24-2012 04:21 AM

Mine too QuiltE. Freezers are full to the brim and canning storage is almost full, so its a good question. I keep trying to lower the level of the freezers to hold more fresh produce and meat. Its like my stash that keeps on growing....and my good friend that has promised me 3 big storage bins of batiks. I quit buying chickens at the food store at 69 cents a pound or 99 cents a pound for the over five pound fryers...and storing in the freezer. But a beef, grown locally, is coming the first of September.

The thorn-less dew berries were turning out berries by the gallon a day, then every other day. Gave away washed frozen or not frozen berries to friends and neighbors. No room for fresh corn. Have made tomato juice, thick, to use as sauce this year. Have a squeeze-o to run the tomatoes through which helps. Probably will give the nectarines and peaches a hot water bath, take the skin off and seed out, then run them through the squeeze-o and make jelly with a friend and let her take most of it home with her. Have shared the bounty of the tomatoes with neighbors and friends. The Moss girls got 2 big cabbage heads, too. Have 6 more white heads and 4 red cabbage heads coming on, and cucumbers, too. Cannot stand for produce go to waste.

QuiltE 07-24-2012 05:03 AM

It makes me wonder if you ever sleep, QNSue? :)
You have me drooling with all your delights!
............ and green with envy to say the least! :D

QuiltingNinaSue 07-24-2012 10:13 AM

QuiltE, I sleep 8-10 hours every night and nap in the early afternoon. My age is showing and my speed is slowing down.

QuiltE 07-24-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5390685)
QuiltE, I sleep 8-10 hours every night and nap in the early afternoon. My age is showing and my speed is slowing down.

And I bet you're non-stop the rest of the time!
It's OK to slow down, you know!! :) You've earned the right!!

works4me 11-22-2014 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What great blocks as always. Honchey, that Santa block really turned out well and nice fussy cutting on the Merry Christmas. I just finished Children's Delight. Decided to do it as a 2 colour block instead of 3.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499838[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 11-22-2014 06:47 AM

Another wonderful block, works4me. It is a delight to follow your progress and admire what you have made with your fabrics and color.

works4me 11-22-2014 08:38 AM

Thank you. I am really enjoying the way the sage batik plays with the other batik colours.

janRN 11-22-2014 09:55 AM

Love that fussy cut owl--too cute!

dublb 11-22-2014 12:31 PM

Ooooo! Another lovely block! :thumbup:

Anael 11-22-2014 01:16 PM

Great job on the fuzzy cutting! Love your block :)