Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-9-childrens-delight-county-fair-photo-page-t181060.html)

oksewglad 03-01-2012 09:41 PM

Another pretty block, Honchey. Are you sure you and ArteEm weren't sending psychic messages around the campfire?

JeanieG 03-01-2012 10:20 PM

Love those fabrics you used Honchey! Great block!

dublb 03-01-2012 10:45 PM

Honchey did another beautiful block Yea!

QuiltE - As for my decoupage plates, I'm making 'em for the retreat I'm going on next week. I'll post picts when I get back, just in case anyone that is going sees 'em here. I took some picts ta send ta my DD. She wants ta know how I'm making 'em. I can post a few of those when I get back also if ya'll want me ta. I plan on gitting some of my UFOs, and maybe some of my cousins blocks done while I'm there.

QuiltE 03-02-2012 04:40 AM

DublB ... I'll move this over to the Discussion page ... OK?

Cookie LM 03-02-2012 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5022823)
CookieLM ... when I saw your Children's Delight, I thought, oh but where's the turquoise? :) And there it was at the County Fair!! The CD colours/fabrics really gives an elegant and antiqued look.

Thanks QUiltE I am trying to stay with the same colors but we still have a lot to go and I cant get any more of this fabric. I am having a great time. Everyones blocks are so amazing I love them all. Thanks to all of you for your comments I really like to see them.If there is something you think I should do let me know

QuiltE 03-02-2012 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cookie LM (Post 5023912)
Thanks QUiltE I am trying to stay with the same colors but we still have a lot to go and I cant get any more of this fabric. I am having a great time. Everyones blocks are so amazing I love them all. Thanks to all of you for your comments I really like to see them.If there is something you think I should do let me know

Try mixing in some other fabrics with them now ... that way you will see them blending together, rather than the two different sets being distinctive. Shop your stash for fabrics that have "any" of the colours you have now. Likewise when you're in fabric stores. Take along pieces of each to audition and if you're unsure, ask for help. You've got a really nice mix of colours/fabrics happening ... and it'll own grow nicer!

gardnergal970 03-02-2012 05:40 AM

JanR...happy to see you do your thing and use whatever you want for the blocks. Themes are not meant to be iron boundaries.

Cookie...keep up the great work. Your purple with small flowers has a lot of colors you can pick up on. I really like it.

Termi 03-02-2012 07:27 AM

ArteEmCasa, what cute fabric in your CD and I love that shade of blue! I don't see point problems in your CF. Love your color combo. Both blocks look perfect to me!!

Honchey, I don't see wonky in your CF. The colors are beautiful together and it looks perfect to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who rips out seams. Sometimes I think I just sew without using my brain.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-02-2012 09:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally went with Firefox instead of Explorer so we will try this again to get block photos on QB [ATTACH=CONFIG]316803[/ATTACH] A real ringer in Horseshoes; and again for Children's Delight[ATTACH=CONFIG]316804[/ATTACH]Which brings to mind the excited kids from the past who were introduced to The black stallion and series by Walter Farley, translated into 17 different languages and a current web page run by his son, Tim. Before they are ten or eleven, the kids loved Marguerite Henry's books on Misty of Chincoteague (real round-up every year in the East of ponies) and younger ones can enjoy Wesley Dennis, illustrator and author of Flip, Flip and the cows, etc. If you have not read them or bought them for your children or grandchildren, at least, check out your local library for these beloved titles & stories. Wesley Dennis was recuited by Marguerite Henry to illustrate her book, Justin Morgan had a Horse...and illustrated her next eleven books. I will share my lantern on the chuck wagon and campfire for you all to come by and read with me.

oksewglad 03-02-2012 11:16 AM

QNS see comment on post #29 regarding FC!! Nice mixup of fabrics in both blocks. Thanks for the info on the books. Yes WFarley was/is loved by many youngsters, but I need to check on MHenry books for my 8yo GD who loves horses. I'm taking notes. I can bring some kerosene to keep the light burning!