Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-completed-quilt-top-photo-discussion-page-t148904.html)

wishfulthinking 08-30-2011 02:27 PM

I like it a lot! What an accomplishment!

wishfulthinking 08-30-2011 02:32 PM

madamekelly 08-30-2011 04:04 PM

I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.[/quote]

Your quilt reminds me of old Persian tile work. It is gorgeous!

janRN 08-30-2011 05:07 PM

Weezie, what's not to like???? I love it. I like the border fabric you chose. It really highlights all your blocks. And your blocks all work so well together. I love the diagonal setting. Can you tell I really, really, really like your quilt?? Great job--I'm clapping for you and patting you on your back. So glad you were part of this group-you encouraged me and taught me along the way. Thank you!!

Belles.hold 08-30-2011 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.

It turned out to be a stunning quilt, unique, warm, interesting and beautifully color coordinated. Be very proud of your accomplishment. Belles

weezie 08-30-2011 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking

Thank you! The blocks were really fun to make and the process a great learning treat.

weezie 08-30-2011 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.

Your quilt reminds me of old Persian tile work. It is gorgeous![/quote]

Thank you very much! It's colorful, I'll say that for it!

weezie 08-30-2011 06:03 PM

Murphy 1 ... you go, girl!! I feel certain you will enjoy constructing this quilt. I'm glad you like mine.

Originally Posted by Murphy1
I love it. Your colors are rich and I like the warm border. I look forward to creating one based on the efforts and problem solving done by you pioneers in this quilt along.

weezie 08-30-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Weezie, what's not to like???? I love it. I like the border fabric you chose. It really highlights all your blocks. And your blocks all work so well together. I love the diagonal setting. Can you tell I really, really, really like your quilt?? Great job--I'm clapping for you and patting you on your back. So glad you were part of this group-you encouraged me and taught me along the way. Thank you!!

Hi Jan and thank you very much. How are you coming along with yours? Unlike mine, which has been banished to a plastic box for a while, yours will be all quilted when we see the photo.

weezie 08-30-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Belles

Originally Posted by weezie

It turned out to be a stunning quilt, unique, warm, interesting and beautifully color coordinated. Be very proud of your accomplishment. Belles

Thank you, Belles. To tell you the truth, I was pretty thrilled that I managed to get all the blocks & rows sewn together without going completely bonkers ... I say this because each of the blocks were to be exactly 6-1/2" square and, unfortunately, some of mine were just a tad too big and others a tad too small. I had to "encourage" them to fit together and they cooperated quite well.