Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-completed-quilt-top-photo-discussion-page-t148904.html)

LovingIzabella 09-28-2011 08:10 AM

Absolutely spectacular!!! I LOVE LOVE IT.
Hugs
April

Quilting Nonnie 10-01-2011 06:15 PM

Jan & Jeanne: I've drooled over your blocks the entire time and now the quilts! Wowweee! They are drop dead gorgeous. What beautiful colors and work. You must be so happy. Congratulations!

janRN 10-02-2011 04:48 AM

Thank you, QN. I learned so much doing this quilt-I'm a much better piecer than I was. I also had so much fun-you've all been great for laughs and inspiration and encouragement.

JeanieG 10-02-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Jan & Jeanne: I've drooled over your blocks the entire time and now the quilts! Wowweee! They are drop dead gorgeous. What beautiful colors and work. You must be so happy. Congratulations!

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed doing this quilt, and like Jan said I have learned so much! My piecing is much more accurate now. I used theme type prints in my two lap quilts for FWS, so I knew they all "matched", but am going scrappy for this next one. Really looking forward to January!

Quilting Nonnie 10-02-2011 10:40 AM

I'm still gathering inspiration from all the FW-ers. I have all the links to the blocks from QB. When it's time to make a block, I pull up that page and look at all your examples. That helps me decide how I want to do my block.

I was thinking of doing the PC in old red white and blue...off-white, rusty red and whatever you call that blue. Don't know now that I've heard about pony and cowboy fabric. I figured I'd start gathering pony etc stuff and see where I'm at when I start the quilt.

quilter68 10-02-2011 11:54 AM

I like it. The border and the setting triangles are so complimentary to the whole quilt.

I see all the work that went into making this quilt and it looks great!

grannyQ 10-06-2011 06:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my completed FWS quilt. I hope the colors show up. I finished mine last week, but wasn't able to get a picture until today. All the quilts shown so far are just beautiful. All the different colors are just amazing how they turned out. Great job to all the ladies that are doing this quilt. Thank you Anne for leading us through this year. Some of the blocks have been easy and some I don't ever care to do again. But it was great working with all the ladies of this group.

finished quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267038[/ATTACH]

2nd picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267039[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 10-06-2011 06:30 AM

Oh GrannyQ that's absolutely gorgeous .... and I can only imagine how breath-taking it is IRL!!!

Now you have me wondering what you will do for the Pony Club? Will it be a one colour study as well?

grannyQ 10-06-2011 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Oh GrannyQ that's absolutely gorgeous .... and I can only imagine how breath-taking it is IRL!!!

Now you have me wondering what you will do for the Pony Club? Will it be a one colour study as well?

I don't know yet what colors. I have tons of blue, green, & of course purple. Four of my grands wanted quilts made with blue fabric, one green, and one rose & pinks. I have lots of pieces of fabric left over so I might just use a most of them.

janRN 10-06-2011 06:51 AM

Oh my!! That is absolutely gorgeous. I loved all your blocks all along but just couldn't picture the entire quilt. Wow--it is fantastic. You really are good with contrast and using just the right colors in the blocks. I'm with QuiltE--you're making me think of a one color quilt if I do Pony Club.
Congrats on a job well done!!! I've so loved following your blocks and am so happy to see them all together.