Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Photo page for Blocks 65 & 66 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-photo-page-blocks-65-66-a-t107821.html)

deranged_damsel 03-17-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
here are mine for the week.

Hi DD, Are you hand piecing your blocks?? Very nice sewing!

yes Anne, I am. I think thats the reason why I havent had to much trouble making my points match. its soooo much easier when you can FEEL the points.

Honchey 03-17-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey

here are mine for the week.

Hi DD, Are you hand piecing your blocks?? Very nice sewing!

yes Anne, I am. I think thats the reason why I havent had to much trouble making my points match. its soooo much easier when you can FEEL the points.

Hi DD, I was taught to handpiece first before anything else in quilting. I really enjoyed it. I have a hard time sewing in a straight line. I have to mark everything when handpiecing and I just don't have the patience or the eyesight when doing it now. I might try a few blocks again just for the heck of it.

ann clare 03-17-2011 09:45 AM

Lots of beautiful blocks

Nanjun 03-17-2011 03:57 PM

All the blocks are so pretty. Guess I have put mine on the back burner for a while.

Abigail's Mimi 03-18-2011 07:03 AM

Has anyone completed their quilt yet? Would love to see pictures of completed quilts or sashing used and fabric used for cornerstones and side triangles and backing.

Jagsd3 03-18-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Nanjun
All the blocks are so pretty. Guess I have put mine on the back burner for a while.

Me too.....

deranged_damsel 03-18-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Abigail's Mimi
Has anyone completed their quilt yet? Would love to see pictures of completed quilts or sashing used and fabric used for cornerstones and side triangles and backing.

you could do a google images search? :D

auntjo 03-18-2011 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Back from the G'kids. Here's mine for this week. I found my fabric for the sashing & have been cutting it this week, now to get it attached to these first 66 blocks...

65 - Peaceful Hours
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171690[/ATTACH]

66 - Periwinkle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171691[/ATTACH]

janRN 03-19-2011 04:41 AM

Very pretty Auntjo-I love that burgandy fabric with the roses. What color sashing have you decided on? I've narrowed my choices to 3: brown, burgandy, and dark tourquoise (sp). I hope to make my final choice this week so I can start cutting and sewing them on, too.
Love everyones' blocks-I thought these were difficult but everyone did a beautiful job.

Evie 03-20-2011 02:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all from rainy L.A. As always, enjoy seeing how everyone's blocks are turning out. This week's two aren't my favorites, by here they are.

Block 65 -- Peaceful Hours
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172571[/ATTACH]

Block 66 -- Periwinkle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172572[/ATTACH]