Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-photo-page-first-25-completed-blocks-t74338.html)

pookie ookie 11-05-2010 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Design wall pic. Notice the stack of unrelated blocks in front of it. lol

Deara 11-05-2010 12:11 PM

First let me say, I love all the blocks posted so far.

I really like the different fabrics you all put together to come up with these unique combinations.

Since I haven't kept up with this topic, I have a question.

Are these blocks from the Farmer's Wife quilt book?

Sandi

Honchey 11-05-2010 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
First let me say, I love all the blocks posted so far.

I really like the different fabrics you all put together to come up with these unique combinations.

Since I haven't kept up with this topic, I have a question.

Are these blocks from the Farmer's Wife quilt book?

Sandi

Yes Sandi, they are. We started this journey August 4th, 2010.

If you go to the Blocks of the Month and Week you can see where we are currently.

Quilting Nonnie 11-05-2010 12:28 PM

RW

Your blocks are fantabulous! The colors all blend together so well. What a great job. Congratulations!

I love all the different layouts and fabrics. What a great job you are doing. I'm not as far along, but I'm hoping that with the holidays, no children plus I have those weeks off as I am a teacher, I will get closer to where everyone else is!

Honchey 11-05-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Design wall pic. Notice the stack of unrelated blocks in front of it. lol

Pookie ookie, I'm so glad you posted your blocks--what an accomplishment!! Don't you feel the goosebumps just looking at them??? They look so good :thumbup: :thumbup:

rwquilts 11-05-2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
RW

Your blocks are fantabulous! The colors all blend together so well. What a great job. Congratulations!

I love all the different layouts and fabrics. What a great job you are doing. I'm not as far along, but I'm hoping that with the holidays, no children plus I have those weeks off as I am a teacher, I will get closer to where everyone else is!

Thank you Quilting Nonnie!

Pookie Oookie, your blocks are nice also! I see a Christmas project in the bottom right corner??

sandpat 11-05-2010 03:11 PM

Oh yes...they all look so good together! Thanks for posting them...{{{{{{more!! more!! more!!}}}}}}

barbara m 11-05-2010 03:19 PM

both 25 blocks are just beautiful. loved seeing them. Barbara from Pa.

pookie ookie 11-05-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
RW

Thank you Quilting Nonnie!

Pookie Oookie, your blocks are nice also! I see a Christmas project in the bottom right corner??

That's a Liberty Tree flag (if you add the words An Appeal to Heaven, it becomes that flag). I'm making a Revolutionary War flags quilt for my veteran. That template came from Jan Patek's book as did the Stamp Act flag in the upper right. The quilt top is about 90% done. Just need to get it to 100% before deployment.

Ileen 11-05-2010 08:25 PM

Very Beautiful!!