Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-photo-page-first-25-completed-blocks-t74338.html)

sandpat 11-06-2010 04:33 PM

More beautiful postings....I love how they will all be such different looking quilts although they are all the same pattern. I think you are all doing a wonderful job!

JeanieG 11-06-2010 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
JeanneG, Your Christmas/winter fabric is beautiful--what Line are you using?I don't remember if you mentioned it before. Blocks are great too!!! Anne

It is North Woods Botanical by Moda. I did not realize it was a Christmas Fabric when I got it....just liked the colors and thought it would go well in my living room! :lol:

I did not know how much fabric to get, so started with a layer cake, and am on my second one now. I may switch fabric when I get to Block 50 or so, and just do a couple of smaller quilts, rather than one big one. Decisions..Decisions!!!

janRN 11-06-2010 05:51 PM

Love the Christmas fabric-your blocks are beautiful!

mirabelle 11-06-2010 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my first 25 blocks, I am really surprised at how much I like them, I am a pink and purple kind of girl. I decided that I would try and be true to the original design. Now the challenge will be deciding on border and cornerstone fabric.
I am so pleased I joined this forum, this is the kind of quilt you always want to make but never seem to get around to starting it.
I just have to finish my last charity quilt (I've made 12) and then I can get back to my FWS blocks.
Will post pics of my quilts soon.

My first 25 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120083[/ATTACH]

Honchey 11-06-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
Here are my first 25 blocks, I am really surprised at how much I like them, I am a pink and purple kind of girl. I decided that I would try and be true to the original design. Now the challenge will be deciding on border and cornerstone fabric.
I am so pleased I joined this forum, this is the kind of quilt you always want to make but never seem to get around to starting it.
I just have to finish my last charity quilt (I've made 12) and then I can get back to my FWS blocks.
Will post pics of my quilts soon.

Mirabelle, Your blocks are beautiful !! - to me they look soft,velvety, oh so soothing!!

Blue Bell 11-06-2010 07:33 PM

Wow! Love all of your blocks. Great colors/fabrics. Where are you getting the patterns?

Honchey 11-06-2010 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
Wow! Love all of your blocks. Great colors/fabrics. Where are you getting the patterns?

This is a group effort and they are from a book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt".
If you go to Blocks of the Month and Week you will see a thread about it. It will explain it all.

grannyQ 11-06-2010 08:18 PM

Thank you janRN & Honchey for the compliments on my blocks. I'm thinking I might use a beige fabric for sashes and I'm not sure yet about cornerstones. I'm going to rearrange them before I finish. Everyone is doing a super job, I enjoy looking at everyone's blocks. I was especially interested in doing this quilt because I was a farmer's wife and I also helped in the fields and with the livestock so it seemed to be the quilt for me to make.

Blue Bell 11-06-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Originally Posted by Blue Bell

This is a group effort and they are from a book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt".
If you go to Blocks of the Month and Week you will see a thread about it. It will explain it all.

Thanks for the info. I have to put this on my to do list.

JeanieG 11-06-2010 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ
Thank you janRN & Honchey for the compliments on my blocks. I'm thinking I might use a beige fabric for sashes and I'm not sure yet about cornerstones. I'm going to rearrange them before I finish. Everyone is doing a super job, I enjoy looking at everyone's blocks. I was especially interested in doing this quilt because I was a farmer's wife and I also helped in the fields and with the livestock so it seemed to be the quilt for me to make.

I really don't know what colors I am going to use for the sashes, borders, things like that. Anyone have any suggestions, I would really like your input!