Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-update-page-t151010.html)

violetsfarm 10-19-2011 06:22 AM

I will be ready, have my book and really enjoying all of the letters about the ponies. What a wonderful promotion, wish they had something like that going on today.

Quilting Nonnie 10-20-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by auntjo
Wow I'm glad I found this thread. I finally got back in my sewing room & turned out block 105 from the FWSQ last nite - but it's back to school tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be two more months before I finish the next in that pair and get them posted. THis teaching job has my time totally sucked up - tho after DH's death in May that has been a very good thing. I just don't know that I'll even have the original 111 blocks done (& I want to add 36 more blocks to make it king size) by the time you start the Pony Quilt, but I so enjoyed the journey this past year w/everyone I may try to catch up at some point when I feel like I'm getting back to some kind of a balance w/my time. Guess I could order the book & dream every once in awhile when I come up for air.

auntjo I really sympathize. I'm a teacher too. We started in the middle of August and I still feel like I'm at the beginning. The beginning of the year stress is still here and I haven't even caught up on school things that were supposed to be done in the first couple of weeks!

like the optimist I am, though, I'm going to do the Pony Quilt. Maybe you and I will be the ones who occasionally get blocks made and hope for summer when we can catch up!

Honchey 10-20-2011 06:26 PM

Don't worry you guys...We'll lasso you in every once in awhile :P

Quilting Nonnie 10-20-2011 06:26 PM

I've just started collecting cowboy/cowgirl fabrics and having a great time! Went to a big quilt show with lots of vendors and thought I'd find a lot. Not so, just about 4 dedicated fabrics, but I did find a bundle of shirting fabric that I think will be great blenders.

I've bought some stuff off Ebay too. Some of them are a full yard. Maybe when we get going some of us can swap fabrics, since I certainly don't need a full yard!

Honchey 10-20-2011 06:48 PM

I'm hoping to do this myself. I never thought about shirting. That's a good idea.. I know I have some.

QuiltE 10-20-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Don't worry you guys...We'll lasso you in every once in awhile :P

I bet Honchey is studying Pony-Talk, so she's ready when she needs to bring us all into the corral in December!

UPDATE!!!!!! woohooo .... I'm back into sewing mode. Tonight, I made two blocks to add to my mini collection!! With Halloween fast approaching, I figured I'd better do the Bat Block. Then I did the next one The Big Dipper ..... and OOPS, as I was finishing pressing it up, I went, OMG, I've already done it!!! I like tonight's colour combos better! Silly Me!!

I'll try to post the pics for what I have done very soon ... so get ready, all you Farmers Wives you'll be able to take a break from all your cooking, and sewing and milking cows, and working in the fields, and making butter and chasing the kids and and .............. for a viewing! Stay tuned ..... hopefully this weekend!

Honchey 10-21-2011 08:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lookee...Lookie..Lookie what I found in my stash!!! There's about 3 yards here... I will be cutting it up for trading at a later date if anyone is interested.

QuiltE 10-22-2011 05:05 AM

Lookee...Lookie..Lookie what I found in my stash!!! There's about 3 yards here... I will be cutting it up for trading at a later date if anyone is interested.

Yahoooooo .... and a Yippeee-kay-yai-yay!!
(wonder how they spell that? but you get the idea)

GMTA Honchey ... I'd mentioned to JanRN the other day in a PM whether there might be a PC trade to help our stashes!

Honchey 10-22-2011 05:55 AM

QuiltE....What does GTMA mean????

QuiltE 10-22-2011 05:58 AM

QuiltE....What does GTMA mean????

GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike!