Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 28 Blocks 55 & 56 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-28-blocks-55-56-photo-page-t98025.html)

Quilting Nonnie 02-10-2011 01:28 PM

I've loved looking at everyone's blocks. I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. They're all unique and appealing!

grannyQ I love the purple background on your maple leaf!

QuiltingNinaSue Your linoleum block is fantastic: so bright and cheery! Very pretty colors in your maple leaf—looks like Fall!

VioletsFarm: I love you linoleum, what a great combination of prints and yet they don't conflict with each other. I'd love to have a whole quilt of that block!

RWquilts Your blues in the linoleum are beautiful…I'd love to have that in my kitchen! I like your fabric in your maple leaf. Those little pink puff ball flowers are sweet. Are they supposed to be hydrangeas?

JanRN: Your blocks are wonderful. So sorry about your tendinitis. Have been through the not being able to type thing. I held onto a felt tip and pushed the keys with it! Very slow… I love the reds in your linoleum, especially the background.

Auntjo: That linoleum is absolutely adorable. I love the spools and notions—what cure fabric. I recognize your maple leaf green—I have the same fabric!

DerangedDamsel: what a neat maple leaf—I like it! Your linoleum is very pretty, I love the gold.

Weezie: Cool linoleum. Reminds me of some sort of vacation house! Pretty soft colors on your maple leaf.

JeanieG: Love your new colors. That linoleum block is soooo pretty! The maple leaf is very cool and shady!

Evie 02-10-2011 02:10 PM

JeanieG, I'm going to miss your Christmas fabrics! :)

JeanieG 02-10-2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
I finished re-making my maple leaf; in my previous version the background was the same medium as the leaf and they just blended together. So now I can post both my blocks.

Love the greens Quilting Nonnie!

Rock Lady 02-10-2011 09:33 PM

Looks like a group of good quilters doing a great job. They are all very pretty with great colors.

rwquilts 02-11-2011 06:10 AM

Quilting Nonnie, your fabrics are perfect! what pretty blocks!

All the blocks are so different and pretty! I really like the linoleum pattern, don't ya'all???

Rettie V. Grama 02-11-2011 02:43 PM

JennieG
Of all the blocks pictured, I like the first one you posted best. It looks so fresh and clean. Great color and design organization.

Rettie V.Gramma

JeanieG 02-11-2011 04:15 PM

Thank you for the kind comments on my blocks!

janRN 02-11-2011 06:18 PM

Beautiful blocks everyone!! Jeannie I also will miss your Christmas blocks but love what you've done with these.
How do you all get your seams to match up so perfectly? Is everyone paperpiecing? They're gorgeous.
(Typing with a pencil-this isn't fun!!!)

JeanieG 02-11-2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Beautiful blocks everyone!! Jeannie I also will miss your Christmas blocks but love what you've done with these.
How do you all get your seams to match up so perfectly? Is everyone paperpiecing? They're gorgeous.
(Typing with a pencil-this isn't fun!!!)

Don't know how to paper piece! Going to have to learn one of these days!

Blue Bell 02-11-2011 08:09 PM

Everyone's blocks are spectacular. It is a treat seeing everyone's blocks.