Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 39 blocks 77 & 78 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-39-blocks-77-78-photo-page-t119074.html)

oksewglad 01-01-2012 06:34 PM

Well here's the slow one ready to make comments!
QNSue--your fussy cuts are fantastic
RWQ, Mbelle and QE-your piecing is perfection
JeanieG--love the FC butterfly
QNonnie-love your comments about the bugaboo shooting star. I can't wait to sew it (sic)
Everyone your fabric selections are great. Going to take picks of the ones I have finished and hopefully post tonight yet.

Quilting Nonnie 01-01-2012 08:42 PM

oksewglad, can't wait to see your blocks! I'm glad there's another person who's doing blocks right now. It helps to compare notes in real time!

QuiltE 01-01-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie (Post 4832188)
QuiltE, Another two gorgeous blocks! You're getting along quickly. I'm so glad we're doing this at the same time. I loved the camaraderie when I was doing the blocks with the group. Now I feel good that we are keeping each other company. Although I have less left to make, looks like you and I will probably finish close together.

Me too!! I'm glad you're doing this with me now too as I'll probably stick with it better. One more block done tonight, so now at 85, 36 to go. It seems to close, and yet so far! :) As a note, I haven't really be churning them out too fast ... just remember I don't have a life! :) So sometimes have that extra time some of the rest of you don't, and can allow myself to sit and sew. An appointment tmro/Monday morning and then hope to have most of the day to work on the next blocks.

Quilting Nonnie 01-01-2012 09:02 PM

My Winter Break is waning fast! I still have one more week until school starts, but I am going to be gone to see my daughter for three days. I had 3 people today ask if we could quilt together. I love quilting with other people, it's so much fun. I just tend to get less done. I also don't usually work on FW when I'm quilting at someone else's house. It's so intensive and making sure you bring everything you need is difficult. I went to visit a friend and quilt a couple of days ago. I brought my stuff to do FW. I forgot the paper piecing patterns. I forgot my piece size chart. I did manage to get one block done and measure pieces for another block. I guess it's just my fuzzy memory. At least this time I didn't forget the power cord for my sewing machine!

QuiltE 01-01-2012 09:15 PM

Oh dear that you forgot your power cord. ITA, I'm not sure I'd want to do FWS when others were around. Even with PPing, I'd probably get my mind side tracked and end up with blue where orange should be, etc. Did that tonight, for #79, even on my own!! Was doing the sewing together of the sections and noticed it. arrggghhhhh!!!!!! Was tempted to quit for the night, but trundled on and got the wrong corrected, and the block finished. Tmro .. #80!

Kids go back to school here next Monday 1/9 too, so enjoy your time off while you can this week, whether it be FWS'ing or visiting with others and no quilting! Need to get your batteries recharged for the semester ahead!

Quilting Nonnie 01-01-2012 10:43 PM

I did the same thing. Yesterday I was doing #88, an easy block. When all was sewn and ready to be put together, I noticed I had translated the wrong colors to the wrong places. Arggghhh! I was going to try and correct it, but decided during the night to just re-do it. Thank goodness it is an easy block. And I was all alone too

QuiltE 01-02-2012 04:55 AM

It's annoying, as it slows our productivity down!! :) I'll look forward to seeing it today.

Quilting Nonnie 01-02-2012 09:37 AM

Amen to that!

QuiltE 01-02-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie (Post 4834461)
Amen to that!

Are you ready to get the motor running? .... I'm about to eat lunch and then off to FWS-land for the afternoon!

Quilting Nonnie 01-02-2012 09:52 AM

Me too! Me too!

Just have to get the dishes done and get into clothes then, hurray! off to quilt!