Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 55 Blocks 109 & 110 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-55-blocks-109-110-photo-page-t145638.html)

Honchey 08-18-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts

Originally Posted by JeanieG

Ooooo la la! The eye candy's been great to see! You have all made amazing blocks! Can't believe I almost forgot that it was Wednesday and time to post pictures!!!! One more week huh?

Here are my blocks...

Your blocks are so perfect rwquilts! Always look forward to seeing them.

Thanks Jeanie! Just one more week, huh?

One more week for blocks and then the Completed Quilts & the weekly update after that. Anne

deranged_damsel 08-18-2011 06:37 PM

NICE blocks everyone :D :D :D :D

deranged_damsel 08-18-2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
Here are my blocks for this week.

Is anybody going to do a different block for 111 or are you going to make the same as the book and have 2 the same???
Beautiful blocks everyone :thumbup:

the wrench block looks the same as the other (cant remember the name now) but the color placement makes it different. so not EXACTLY the same block... but defiantly a TWIN

Honchey 08-18-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel

Originally Posted by mirabelle
Here are my blocks for this week.

Is anybody going to do a different block for 111 or are you going to make the same as the book and have 2 the same???
Beautiful blocks everyone :thumbup:

the wrench block looks the same as the other (cant remember the name now) but the color placement makes it different. so not EXACTLY the same block... but defiantly a TWIN

#102 Whirlpool and #107 Windblown are the same pattern...different Fabric. Anne

violetsfarm 08-19-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by sue z q
These blocks are pretty and inspiring. I'm considering starting this quilt. Are some of you doing quilt as you go? How will you put the blocks together?

I quilted each block as I went by hand, with batting no backing. Now I have decided to add setting triangles making the block 10 1/2" rather than the sashing and corner squares. If doing over, I would wait to quilt until I had added the setting triangles and quilt the whole square. Would save piecing the batting.

violetsfarm 08-19-2011 05:15 AM

RWQuilts and Mirabelle - What a finish to a long journey, beautiful blocks.

rwquilts 08-19-2011 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Ooooo la la! The eye candy's been great to see! You have all made amazing blocks! Can't believe I almost forgot that it was Wednesday and time to post pictures!!!! One more week huh?

Here are my blocks...

One more week for blocks and then the Completed Quilts & the weekly update after that. Anne

It's been a great journey and doing blocks two at a time made it a very do-able project! My problem is space...space big enough to lay out my blocks...hmmm...just thought I could get a sheet and lay it on my bed and pin blocks in place...that might work so I could roll it up...ya think???

Honchey 08-19-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Here are my blocks...

It's been a great journey and doing blocks two at a time made it a very do-able project! My problem is space...space big enough to lay out my blocks...hmmm...just thought I could get a sheet and lay it on my bed and pin blocks in place...that might work so I could roll it up...ya think???

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Anne

mirabelle 08-19-2011 03:21 PM

Thank you Violet, I purchased my backing fabric and wadding yesterday so hope to get it together this weekend and start quilting it. That should keep me occupied for a while :P

JeanieG 09-02-2011 07:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My Blocks 109 and 110