Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along week 56 Block 111 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-56-block-111-a-t147126.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-23-2011 09:47 AM

Copying an idea is the best form of flattery!! Go for it. Posted my sewing room pictures this morning so you all can see what a decision I had to make on each block...so many choices. Love color, motion, and illustration of each block's name...

Thinking about imprinting block name on each block for future reference..

QuiltE 08-23-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Copying an idea is the best form of flattery!! Go for it. Posted my sewing room pictures this morning so you all can see what a decision I had to make on each block...so many choices. Love color, motion, and illustration of each block's name...

Thinking about imprinting block name on each block for future reference..

Bless you for saying so! I have just used some re barn board fabric in another project, so will have to see whether it'll work in this design or not? As you maybe know, I'm one of the "Johnny Come Lately" folks to the FWS and have only about 15 done now. Maybe my first, when I get back at it will be the last, #111 and use the barn boards!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-23-2011 11:52 AM

Lucky you to be a "johnny-come-latety" to see all the FWSQ blocks published by this QB group!!! So well done, I am so happy about everyones block of choice each time...beautiful color choices. I learned so much from this group.

If I had another color cartridge, I would go back in time and print out each week of QB blocks of the group for a scrap book.

QuiltE 08-23-2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Lucky you to be a "johnny-come-latety" to see all the FWSQ blocks published by this QB group!!! So well done, I am so happy about everyones block of choice each time...beautiful color choices. I learned so much from this group.

If I had another color cartridge, I would go back in time and print out each week of QB blocks of the group for a scrap book.

Maybe I should have said Jane-Come-Lately? or Farmer's Wife-Come-Lately? :lol: As I make mine, I may just have to check each week's blocks for inspiration. Sure would be nice to have my computer and sewing machine together ... on two different levels, though right above each other!

JeanieG 08-23-2011 01:05 PM

Great blocks as usual ladies. New grandbaby came last night, so will be going home probably next Sunday or Monday. Been here three weeks waiting. I have all the blocks done, and photos taken, however they are on my computer at home and not with me. Will post next week!

janRN 08-23-2011 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just love everyone's blocks--the colors are beautiful. I don't remember seeing them used before.

Here's my 111: it's another of my "personalized" blocks. (I made one for Patches, one for baseball, a nurse block). DH, our son, and I are Penn State grads. My grandson just started his freshman year at Penn State-third generation! You can say we bleed blue and white. Since I started quilting many moons ago, I've always quilted a Peace Sign somewhere in the quilt. My Penn State block has my Peace Sign for this quilt, although you really can't see it in the pic.

QuiltE 08-23-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
I just love everyone's blocks--the colors are beautiful. I don't remember seeing them used before.

Here's my 111: it's another of my "personalized" blocks. (I made one for Patches, one for baseball, a nurse block). DH, our son, and I are Penn State grads. My grandson just started his freshman year at Penn State-third generation! You can say we bleed blue and white. Since I started quilting many moons ago, I've always quilted a Peace Sign somewhere in the quilt. My Penn State block has my Peace Sign for this quilt, although you really can't see it in the pic.

I'm thinking your peace sign is the "quilting"?

Great idea to have a "signature" motif on each quilt! I like that.

fryguymoore 08-23-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
Great blocks as usual ladies. New grandbaby came last night, so will be going home probably next Sunday or Monday. Been here three weeks waiting. I have all the blocks done, and photos taken, however they are on my computer at home and not with me. Will post next week!

C :-P O :-P N :-P G :-P R :-P A :-P D :-P U :-P L :-P A :-P T :-P I :-P O :-P N :-P S :-P ! :-P ! :-P ! :-P !

JeanieG 08-23-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore

Originally Posted by JeanieG

C :-P O :-P N :-P G :-P R :-P A :-P D :-P U :-P L :-P A :-P T :-P I :-P O :-P N :-P S :-P ! :-P ! :-P ! :-P !

Thanks so much fryguiy - 8 lb 5 1/2 oz baby boy - they named him Adam. Nice size baby.

deranged_damsel 08-23-2011 07:41 PM

!!!!!!Congrats!!!!! JeanieG :) gotta love those Grandbabies :)

Great Blocks everyone!!!