Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along week 56 Block 111

This is the last block in a series of 111. I did manage to get it done. I will be posting a thread for Completed Quilts/Tops next week. I am going to NC next Monday with my sister...I will post it on Monday morning. Here's my block. Anne

FWS Block 111 Wrench
    Name:  Attachment-245423.jpe
Views: 325
Size:  135.6 KB

very nice choice in colors :thumbup:

Ok..the wrench is know by a dozen names, and I choose Open Barn Door instead of wrench because I love cats!!

Wrench not Open Barn Door!! Upside down in scan...sorry
    Name:  Attachment-245626.jpe
Views: 320
Size:  99.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
    Ok..the wrench is know by a dozen names, and I choose Open Barn Door instead of wrench because I love cats!!
    If ever I decide to make a themed quilt I will make sure to visit your sewing/fabric room! Great block QNS. Anne

Wouldn't you know it??? the last block I forgot to put "Photo Page" in the topic headine :oops: :oops: Anne

Hi, Everyone! Here is my block 111:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Weezie, Nice block!! I am so partial to that shade of dusky rosy/peach/terracotta. I just love it. Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Weezie, Nice block!! I am so partial to that shade of dusky rosy/peach/terracotta. I just love it. Anne
    Thank you. The colors look more "plummier"? in reality than in the photo. I always love your blocks, including #111!

QNS ... that is a great looking barn door block; love the barn board fabric. What a interesting stash of novelty fabric you must have.

Blog Entries
    Pretty blocks again ladies, here is mine.

Wrench
    Name:  Attachment-245709.jpe
Views: 298
Size:  28.5 KB

Great fabric for your Open Barn Door ... and great idea. Would you mind if I steal the idea for my quilt? :) From the others posts, looks like I need to check back on all the old threads and see your interesting fabrics.

Copying an idea is the best form of flattery!! Go for it. Posted my sewing room pictures this morning so you all can see what a decision I had to make on each block...so many choices. Love color, motion, and illustration of each block's name...

Thinking about imprinting block name on each block for future reference..

Copying an idea is the best form of flattery!! Go for it. Posted my sewing room pictures this morning so you all can see what a decision I had to make on each block...so many choices. Love color, motion, and illustration of each block's name...

Thinking about imprinting block name on each block for future reference..
    Bless you for saying so! I have just used some re barn board fabric in another project, so will have to see whether it'll work in this design or not? As you maybe know, I'm one of the "Johnny Come Lately" folks to the FWS and have only about 15 done now. Maybe my first, when I get back at it will be the last, #111 and use the barn boards!

Lucky you to be a "johnny-come-latety" to see all the FWSQ blocks published by this QB group!!! So well done, I am so happy about everyones block of choice each time...beautiful color choices. I learned so much from this group.

If I had another color cartridge, I would go back in time and print out each week of QB blocks of the group for a scrap book.

Lucky you to be a "johnny-come-latety" to see all the FWSQ blocks published by this QB group!!! So well done, I am so happy about everyones block of choice each time...beautiful color choices. I learned so much from this group.

If I had another color cartridge, I would go back in time and print out each week of QB blocks of the group for a scrap book.
    Maybe I should have said Jane-Come-Lately? or Farmer's Wife-Come-Lately? :lol: As I make mine, I may just have to check each week's blocks for inspiration. Sure would be nice to have my computer and sewing machine together ... on two different levels, though right above each other!

Great blocks as usual ladies. New grandbaby came last night, so will be going home probably next Sunday or Monday. Been here three weeks waiting. I have all the blocks done, and photos taken, however they are on my computer at home and not with me. Will post next week!

I just love everyone's blocks--the colors are beautiful. I don't remember seeing them used before.

Here's my 111: it's another of my "personalized" blocks. (I made one for Patches, one for baseball, a nurse block). DH, our son, and I are Penn State grads. My grandson just started his freshman year at Penn State-third generation! You can say we bleed blue and white. Since I started quilting many moons ago, I've always quilted a Peace Sign somewhere in the quilt. My Penn State block has my Peace Sign for this quilt, although you really can't see it in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    I just love everyone's blocks--the colors are beautiful. I don't remember seeing them used before.

Here's my 111: it's another of my "personalized" blocks. (I made one for Patches, one for baseball, a nurse block). DH, our son, and I are Penn State grads. My grandson just started his freshman year at Penn State-third generation! You can say we bleed blue and white. Since I started quilting many moons ago, I've always quilted a Peace Sign somewhere in the quilt. My Penn State block has my Peace Sign for this quilt, although you really can't see it in the pic.
    I'm thinking your peace sign is the "quilting"?

Great idea to have a "signature" motif on each quilt! I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Great blocks as usual ladies. New grandbaby came last night, so will be going home probably next Sunday or Monday. Been here three weeks waiting. I have all the blocks done, and photos taken, however they are on my computer at home and not with me. Will post next week!
    C :-P O :-P N :-P G :-P R :-P A :-P D :-P U :-P L :-P A :-P T :-P I :-P O :-P N :-P S :-P ! :-P ! :-P ! :-P !

Quote Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    C :-P O :-P N :-P G :-P R :-P A :-P D :-P U :-P L :-P A :-P T :-P I :-P O :-P N :-P S :-P ! :-P ! :-P ! :-P !
    Thanks so much fryguiy - 8 lb 5 1/2 oz baby boy - they named him Adam. Nice size baby.

!!!!!!Congrats!!!!! JeanieG :) gotta love those Grandbabies :)

Great Blocks everyone!!!

I am way behind in this project (block 30 something). Rennovation projects at home has been one upheaval after another and now the refrigerator leaked and the floor needs to be replaced and the water softener overflowed so the carpet needed to be taken care of. It's been one thing after another for over a year. Yikes!!! I sure enjoy and ideas, pictures and progress of this group. I'm just going to keep working the quilt. Go me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    I am way behind in this project (block 30 something). Rennovation projects at home has been one upheaval after another and now the refrigerator leaked and the floor needs to be replaced and the water softener overflowed so the carpet needed to be taken care of. It's been one thing after another for over a year. Yikes!!! I sure enjoy and ideas, pictures and progress of this group. I'm just going to keep working the quilt. Go me!!
    Just one block at a time PieceinMn! You will get there eventually. Keep posting your blocks, we will keep Ohing and Awwwing!

Big congratulations on your new grandson's arrival, Jeanie. (My son is named Adam; it's a name that has served him well for 36 years ... never mispronounced and never a nickname.)

Blog Entries
    The blocks are great everyone! Who'd have thunk that I would actually stick through this challenge and get my blocks made!!! Now to the difficulty part of putting the quilt top together...but that's another day...today I celebrate with all of you in the joy of posting my last block!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    Hi Pieces, Keep on posting your photos...I still have around 10 more to do and will post them in the appropriate thread when I get done Join me!! Anne

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast