Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jan-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t90616.html)

Momma_K 02-03-2011 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
Here is my star. I am a newbie and this is my first block ever! Although it is not exactly perfect, I am pleased with the results and can't wait for next month's star!

Can't see anything wrong with your star and I think it's beautiful! Good Work! :thumbup:

Surfergirl 02-03-2011 05:14 AM

Here is my star. I am a newbie and this is my first block ever! Although it is not exactly perfect, I am pleased with the results and can't wait for next month's star!

For your first block ever, you did a fantastic job!

JudyG 02-03-2011 06:29 AM

Can't see one problem with that star. It is beautiful. Glad you've joined in with us.

candi 02-03-2011 07:24 AM

Looks perfect to me, good job! Love yoirfabrics too.

nickylsf 02-03-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Finally, here is my Star block for January 2011!! :D I really did finish it a couple weeks ago, but forgot to post it, my BAD!! :oops: This is one of my favorite pattern's. Thank you for looking & Thank you Judy for picking this special block.
:D :D :D :D

Beautiful, SulaBug! It really looks like a star shining in the heavens!

Momma_K 02-03-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Thank you everyone for your kind words re: my Star Block. I too, just love the background fabric & thought it would be perfect for sky. My only wish is that I had more of it!!
:D :D :D :D

Sulabug, I love the background fabric also, I just picked up 1/2 a yard last week. Great Minds! :thumbup:

JenelTX 02-03-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent
here's mine. I hope I can find enough nautical fabric to carry this theme through the whole quilt
David

I like the nautical theme for this block! The star goes with nautical navigation.

JenelTX 02-03-2011 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Decided to do two and then decide later which one will look best in quilt...Right now I'm liking the Spaceship block...

Cute! I love the spaceship block. That would really get kids' imaginations working.

Carsey 02-03-2011 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my block:

Wholeheart Mom 02-03-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Here is my block:

Wow... I totally love it! The fabrics and colors are terrific, and what a beautiful look it creates. Thanks for sharing!