Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party Week 59 BLC and TLC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-week-59-blc-tlc-t91133.html)

Butterflyspain 01-19-2011 01:05 AM

Well done Patti, sorry you have a sick machine, hate having to be without mine to, although now I have a back up machine, really old but it works in times of need.

Good luck with the quilting Janstar.

Elle

Butterflyspain 01-19-2011 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lesley asked me to post my effort so far so here you go. I just broke my last machine needle so am stuck till tomorrow.
Coming along well though, am happy with it

Elle

Rows A & B of Asian Jane
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163826[/ATTACH]

wilhelmina 01-19-2011 12:26 PM

Elle, Very pretty!!! :D Those fabrics are scrumptious.

Butterflyspain 01-19-2011 12:52 PM

Thanks Meredith, I have had to move a two but other than than its it going together better than anticipated.

got C and D ready to go nearly. c row had two that needed redoing but now need quilting.

Elle

sandpat 01-19-2011 05:39 PM

Elle, I would be more than "happy with it"...I'd be jumping up and down! Asian Jane is looking gorgeous! I can't wait to see more rows!

I tell you guys, when I tell people that I am working on my Jane and what stage it is in, they look at me like I was nuts to have even started. I have been so happy with each milestone on this quilt though! Each step makes me so excited and I am more in love with the quilt with every step that gets completed...Do you feel that way??

luvmortherest 01-19-2011 06:36 PM

those are awesome elle

Butterflyspain 01-19-2011 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, I would be more than "happy with it"...I'd be jumping up and down! Asian Jane is looking gorgeous! I can't wait to see more rows!

I tell you guys, when I tell people that I am working on my Jane and what stage it is in, they look at me like I was nuts to have even started. I have been so happy with each milestone on this quilt though! Each step makes me so excited and I am more in love with the quilt with every step that gets completed...Do you feel that way??

Yes people I have told just "donīt get it" and why would you be so excited about it. anyway, as you say each step is a definate milestone and canīt wait to get the centre finished.
Glad you like my Jane

Elle

sandpat 01-20-2011 05:21 AM

Yesterday at my LQS, we were talking about Jane (she looked at me like I had 4 heads) and then I told her about AOTH because I wanted to look for fabric for it...she just moaned and said.."I'd NEVER get finished with that!" , but agreed that its a great looking quilt. I think that they prefer that you do really quick, really easy quilts so that they could sell more fabric (as if I don't buy enough as it is..LOL!)

wilhelmina 01-20-2011 05:44 AM

Patti & Elle, I agree, I love my quilt more and more, truly it may be a greater appreciation of all that effort and sense of accomplishment! For many reasons, I am thrilled with mine too! If I had felt it possible to hand quilt mine, I would have! :D

This may seem silly, but I have slowed down working on mine and finished a couple smaller projects, but now I think I want to enjoy all the finishing and since I am ahead of schedule I don't feel the need to rush.

Patti, you might consider a sit down long arm when you are ready, as those do not take up as much space.

Janstar 01-20-2011 10:45 AM

Your rows are just gorgeous Elle! Love the black sashing!!

I know what you all mean about other people and Jane. Most here have never heard of the quilt before so I give them a bit of history and tell them to look her up on line. It's frustrating that you can't talk to someone about her. Thank goodness for you guys!! Oh, I quilted 10 blocks last night while watching American Idol. You are right, they go pretty fast.