Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party Week 59 BLC and TLC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-week-59-blc-tlc-t91133.html)

sandpat 01-28-2011 06:19 PM

Nope...I bet I won't. The weather turned really pretty..almost 60 for a couple of days and I have to take advantage of it! I didn't get a single thing done on it today...we had to go to Wally's and Co-Op to load up on cattle feed. Of course, I had to play with the calf babies too. Tomorrow is "put out hay" day and I think I'll talk DH into going to visit Martin (aka Marty the Llama) with me...Its supposed to go back to cold and snow next early next week...so I'll be back on it then though :wink:

wilhelmina 01-29-2011 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, winter weather is coming in next week, so we may be snow bound and cold. I have to work Saturday, or have a crazy Monday.

It felt close, so I stayed up and "almost" finished the quilt top this evening. Yes! It feels fabulous to finish this much!!! The signature block is not sewn in, as I need to finish my total piece count.

How much fabric for the binding? About a yard or more? I only have about half a yard of the red fabric which doesn't seem like enough. :cry:

The quilting will not happen for a while, but I plan to be finished on schedule. :D

sandpat 01-29-2011 05:45 AM

*Huge gasp of awe* Meredith, it is absolutely gorgeous! You know I love the colors and fabric line anyway..but that baby is fantastic! I love the finished betweeners with the matching scallop...wonderful decision...Doesn't it feel really weird to be to this point?...good, but weird after working on it for soooooo long!

I think I kept out a square of about 26" to cut some continuous bias for my binding. I do have extra though if that isn't enough. I bet it says in the software..but maybe not since it shows the binding as being cut pieces and sewed onto you scallop (weird)

So..now inquiring minds want to know your quilting plan..I know you will put it on the long arm, but are you doing individual blocks, an all over, something else entirely????

wilhelmina 01-29-2011 07:15 AM

Yes, it does feel a little strange to be at this point, but also with a great sense of relief, I made it this far!! I am really happy with the result, however, it is nothing like I planned in my head, as I wanted to use the creamy fabric more. It was also a big color lesson for me. But I will always be pleased with the end result.

I have 22" of the red, 26" of the black star fabric, also a full yard of one of the darker greens. Geez, I feel like I am going to have buy more dark red just for the binding. ::sigh::

As for the finish quilting, originally I planned to use a simple edge to edge pattern, but now I don't think will work, so I am undecided. Whatever, I use it will be only enough for the quilt to hold together, as my feeling is less is better with this quilt.

luvmortherest 01-29-2011 08:20 AM

beautiful

Shemjo 01-29-2011 11:39 AM

Wow! That Jane is wonderful! Love the colored cones!

sandpat 01-29-2011 05:06 PM

Meredith, I changed the color of the binding to a really bright pink so I could pick it out on the fabric requirement sheet on the software. It tells me that we need 3/4 yrd. for the binding. Like I said though..she shows it as being pieced to the scallop (I don't know how that would happen..but...) So..maybe Lesley remembers how much she used..I haven't seen her around today.

I can't tell you how much I love your quilt though!

wilhelmina 01-29-2011 05:28 PM

Thanks Patti, Luv and Sharon, I appreciate the nice comments!!

A "really bright pink" sounds good with chocolate. :lol:

sandpat 01-29-2011 05:35 PM

Oh you are funny Meredith...you know I did that only so I could "see" which fabric was the binding...ROTFLMAO!

I'm using the brown to match my cones....I'm pretty sure anyway... see what you've done now????

wilhelmina 01-29-2011 07:54 PM

Sorry, you left yourself wide open with that one!! hehehe Yes, I knew you used the pink so it would be easy to see...:lol: