Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party Wk.53 J3, L13, M6, RS7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-wk-53-j3-l13-m6-rs7-t86865.html)

Butterflyspain 01-03-2011 07:03 AM

Well I canīt claim to be on the ball because I got Konstantines letter and it was on the bottom of that LOL

Butterflyspain 01-03-2011 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay having looked at all of you lovely blocks my blue one looks bit insipid, however they are all ok and not to be redone again. So here they are

sandpat 01-03-2011 05:08 PM

Well, Elle...I think they look great! So these were redone? I don't remember the originals..but these are pretty...I think the blue one is too!

wilhelmina 01-03-2011 06:22 PM

I think everyone's blocks look great. :thumbup:

I love the way Patti combines fabrics!

Jan's blocks are always crisp and perrrfect! They are closer to Jane's than the rest of us, so her quilt will be still be lovely over a hundred years from now!!

Elle, your asian's fabrics are stunning, the fabrics are so lovely!

Luv, you are still working on two, shock and awe!! I wanted to make a second scrappy, geez, its been all I could do to keep up with this one. I would love to do another, but its kind of like having baby, I really don't want to do the work!!! :D

Janstar 01-03-2011 08:06 PM

You are so kind Meredith. Thank you! I wonder if someone will be taking good care of it 100 years from now?

Shemjo 01-03-2011 08:09 PM

The blocks are beautiful!

Butterflyspain 01-04-2011 01:23 AM

No Patti these are not the redoīs I will have to show you them when I start them. Some I have the originals and the others I was so disgusted I threw them in the bin, knowing then I would have to redo them. Just didnīt realise I had managed to get up to 12 redos. I am aiming for 4 today so posting it will now make me do them, some are nearly finished a bit of applique to do.
Thanks for all thenice comment son my asian blocks
Elle

sandpat 01-04-2011 06:31 AM

Jan, thats a question to ponder....where will our quilts be 100 yrs. from now? I don't have any kids, so I can envision mine all laid out in the yard at one of those estate auctions...all going for $5.00 or something...:roll:

Butterflyspain 01-04-2011 06:52 AM

Oh no Patti that would be awful. You have to leave it to the local museum

Much better idea

Elle

wilhelmina 01-04-2011 09:43 AM

Oh no, Patti, it would never make it to the sale, it would be purchased presale, as somebody would snap it up quickly!! Only $5, no way on that either! Certainly, it would go for more, plus these quilts are heavy!! My center section with the square blocks is heavy, and I haven't even sewn on the tris and kites. All those seams!!! :lol:

My daughter has become very interested since the center section went together. It will be hers later for sure!

If I saw a "collectible" quilt for sale with this much effort in it and it was 100 years old, I would buy it even if sections were damaged. I have purchased old quilt blocks, they do have value!