Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Sew week 13 BR7, C8, L10, M3, M11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-sew-week-13-br7-c8-l10-m3-m11-t40950.html)

Esqmommy 04-08-2010 07:06 AM

You retired ladies will have a tough time convincing us working stiffs about your lack of time! LOL, how can that be!

Lacelady 04-08-2010 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
You retired ladies will have a tough time convincing us working stiffs about your lack of time! LOL, how can that be!

It's easy Esq., the cruel thing is that as you get older, you slow up. It's a gradual process so that you don't notice it. When you stop work, you are at the stage of not being able to do so many things as you used to because all of a sudden, you have got old and not noticed it as it was creeping up on you. Hence, it takes twice as long to do things as it did when you were at work!

Shemjo 04-08-2010 03:12 PM

You said it Lesley! Everything takes longer because the parts don't work as well!

sandpat 04-08-2010 03:59 PM

OK ladies...I'm...ummmm....not that old! I don't have time because I say "yes" to tooo many things. I've also gotten more heavily involved in tooo many things that I love to do. Plus....you are home...so you have to cook more, grocery shop more, clean the house more...you get it...the kids will be gone...but it all still takes time and the biggest kid of all is STILL lives here!!!! (He is sitting in the den RIGHT NOW)) :shock: :shock:

retrogirl02 04-08-2010 04:39 PM

Sandpat, you crack me up!
So, seriously, when do you start saying NO? I have committed to NO this year and I love the results. You should try it. It's fun after a while!!

Hang in there!!

luvmortherest 04-08-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

It's easy Esq., the cruel thing is that as you get older, you slow up. It's a gradual process so that you don't notice it. When you stop work, you are at the stage of not being able to do so many things as you used to because all of a sudden, you have got old and not noticed it as it was creeping up on you. Hence, it takes twice as long to do things as it did when you were at work!

and as DH caregiver i am responsibe for making sure that his meds are all in order and that he takes them and if he gets an infection that has to have at home i.v. antibiotics guess who has to admonister them to him every 6 hours. then there are his whims to be considered

Esqmommy 04-08-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest

Originally Posted by Lacelady

and as DH caregiver i am responsibe for making sure that his meds are all in order and that he takes them and if he gets an infection that has to have at home i.v. antibiotics guess who has to admonister them to him every 6 hours. then there are his whims to be considered

I was just teasing, you know that, right?

Well, being a caregiver is never easy, and a 24-hour job for sure!! Not what I picture when I think of retirement, but I suppose it's what can happen, and does happen to a number of people. Poor health really affects the outcome of a retirement doesn't it. Glad Mr. Luvmoretherest has you my dear - I'm sure you take goooooooood care of him

luvmortherest 04-08-2010 04:47 PM

yes i knew you were teasing and i do the best i can but he is sooooooooo stuborn

sandpat 04-08-2010 05:29 PM

luv...you know you can always threaten him with that IV needle... :twisted: oh....and you can tell him that you've decided to try out the placebos...... :wink:

Sheree from Chicago 04-09-2010 07:27 PM

Sandpat......you funny chick! I wish we lived closer. LOL
Luv, don't forget to take good care of yourself too!
Hugs, Sheree