Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

paintmejudy 11-18-2012 02:11 PM

Irish rose, if you made your strips the correct size for the block size needed, there is no trimming other than the dog ears.

Very pretty. katybob

irishrose 11-18-2012 02:20 PM

Thank you for the quick reply. I made a ruler and apparently I was a hair off because I had to trim my blocks slightly. I made 24 that way and 24 the line drawing way and they were pretty equal in time. I'll see which I like best as we proceed. Okay, off to walk the dogs and then cut my #4 strips.

ShiAnnF 11-18-2012 02:34 PM

Irish Rose, if I do not make it to the snack area for a cup of flavored coffee I will just drive up to Cadillac, I only live about 45 minutes south of you.

Sulubug I just love your name. You look just like an old neighbor of mine, you could pass for twins. But I think she is older than you.

I am really enjoying this train ride. This is the first mystery quilt I have ever done. I love this so much I go back and reread the threads, yes I know it is just like watching a rerun, and I chuckle just as much.

Thank You Judy for doing this for us, as you can tell everyone is really enjoying it. I cannot wait for the next one.

Hugs to all of you for the entertainment.

sewNso 11-18-2012 02:40 PM

when i did the clue at post 843, my strips were angled the other way. is that going to matter? when i sewed the strips together, i off set each strip 2 inches shorter. was i suppose to sew it so the strips were set two inches longer? when i laid my material down on the 45 degree, my degree mark was slanted to the right, not the left. to fit my material. what did i do wrong. the lst time i have ever cut anything on the 45 degree. thx

sorry to be sooo dumb.

ShiAnnF 11-18-2012 02:41 PM

Another thought, what if Judy said for everyone to sew their quilt together without anymore instructions. Wouldn't that be interesting to see how many different quilts there would be with all the cuttings being the same? This one sure has everyone guessing, I even tried to cheat and look at some of the other quilt patterns to see if I could figure it out. Nope there was nothing of the sort. Oh, was that cheating, I did not see that rule in the instructions sheet. Sorry. Back to quilting.

sewNso 11-18-2012 02:44 PM

i'll just redo them.

Pam H 11-18-2012 02:49 PM

sewNsew, why don't you wait until Judy replies. She is the only one who knows if it will matter or not.

irishrose 11-18-2012 02:49 PM

SewNso, I'd wait for an answer. Strips don't like to be handled too much.

sewNso 11-18-2012 03:13 PM

your right. i'll wait. just cut the strips for the other 3 layouts of the same order. have to go read to see what i do with them now. thx.

jaba 11-18-2012 03:46 PM

I didn't mark my fabric either. I did at the start and then when I didn't like it and went with 2 quilts did I remark....NO...So I got out all the instructions and had to go back through and mark everything, then cut, low and behold short, so for this set 1 substitution.- - - - happens I guess?!? Finally all sewed and pressed for each quilt, cut sides even, need to cut the pieces and then will be done. Probably in the morning, then I'll post. Lesson learned....if all else fails "listen and follow directions" imagine that.