Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

sewNso 01-07-2013 07:50 AM

everyone's tops are finishing beautiful. i love mine. and yours. judy outdid her self with this one, didn't she? ok, sew, shadow, great job.

dungeonquilter 01-07-2013 09:14 AM

I have my blocks laid out ready to sew the last 2 seams on each large block. Things just keep getting in the way.
I was requested to demonstrate free motion quilting at our guild night last Wednesday, and now my machine is set up for that so I feel like I need to get that quilt finished before getting back to this. I don't do alot of my own quilting, usually send it to a LAQ, but now that it is started, sort of have to finish it.
I am really liking the look of my blocks and can't wait to be able to show all of you.

The pictures posted so far all look great.

Oksewnsew 01-07-2013 01:35 PM

HAHAHA, Whitepine, I like that..."An Unchained Irish Coffee Party Time"....sounds good to me... :thumbup:

Gretchen 01-07-2013 02:01 PM

Yea!!

3 Attachment(s)
Just completed sewing my quilt top yesterday! If someone had given me the pattern first I probably would not have chosen the fabrics that I used, but I like it! What do you think? Not sure what I will do with this as far as the quilting, I may just hold onto it and use it for practice as I found a local quilt shop that is renting a LAQ! Thank you so much Judy and all my fellow quilters on this train ride.... although I tend to be more shy when first meeting folks I'm sure I will become more chatty on the next go round! Now to head back down to my sewing room - still on Clue one of the Scrappy Mystery Train Ride!!

SunlitenSmiles 01-07-2013 04:16 PM

UNCHAINED I like that !!!!!

irishrose 01-07-2013 05:10 PM

Gretchen, that's very pretty. The soft floral adds a feminine touch, for sure.

coopah 01-07-2013 06:05 PM

Gretchen, it's a good thing we don't know the end result when we start these mysteries!! Otherwise, we wouldn't end up with such wonderful quilts. Your combinations work just fine! YAY!! I like it! I like it! :-)

frustratedquilter40 01-07-2013 06:45 PM

Love the colors Gretchen I think it is lovely and girly just perfect. Now I need to finish this one I finished another mystery top today so maybe tomorrow ;)

frustratedquilter40 01-08-2013 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386940[/ATTACH]
Look I finally finished sorry about the lighting took picture at night in my sewing room upstairs and the lighting distorts the colors. I could not wait to post my completed project or else I would have waited till morning:) The colors are a deep red and dark green, with light green and brown.

Judy my hat is off to you!! I love this quilt and the colors I picked I think it is one of the best mysteries I have been involved in so far and the first one of yours I tried and I started from the start because I wanted it to be a true mystery. You are so talented and I appreciate all your hard work in putting these together for all of us :thumbup:

Now on to your mini stash buster have by 12- 9 patch blocks done but wanted to finish this before I gor to involved with another and my sewing table was running out of room :o

Pam H 01-08-2013 10:08 PM

Christine, I really like it! Great job!